Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > simultaneous LAN and WAN connections in windows XP

simultaneous LAN and WAN connections in windows XP

A. Qadah

can i have simultaneous connection to a Wireless network and a LAN at access
their resources at the same time? and if yes how?

ie i have a printer at a lan and internet at WAN!

thanks
Regards

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

A. Qadah <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> can i have simultaneous connection to a Wireless network and a LAN at
> access their resources at the same time? and if yes how?
>
> ie i have a printer at a lan and internet at WAN!
>
> thanks
> Regards

Note that WAN means "Wide Area Network" - not wireless. Your wireless
connection is still part of a LAN (it's sometimes called WLAN, but that may
not make sense in your situation).

The short answer to your question is "yes" - but it would help if you can
provide more info about your exact setup. Where is the wireless access point
in your scenario? Is this a home network?

A. Qadah

Hi

thanks for your reply and for the WAN and wireless difference explanation.

I have the following configuration:
i have a lan with ip ranges 192.168.19.* --> provides Printer, network
Drives resources
and a wireless with ip ranges 192.168.40.* --> provides Internet

its not a home network; its a company network
i hope this helps

thanks

A. Qadah <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
>
> thanks for your reply and for the WAN and wireless difference
> explanation.
>
> I have the following configuration:
> i have a lan with ip ranges 192.168.19.* --> provides Printer, network
> Drives resources
> and a wireless with ip ranges 192.168.40.* --> provides Internet
>
> its not a home network; its a company network
> i hope this helps
>
> thanks

OK. Since this is a business network, I suggest you speak to the people who
manage your IT to
discuss your options with them.