Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ip vpn mpls design requirements

ip vpn mpls design requirements

zillah

I have not designed this before , I am looking to make a simple
proposal for a manufacture company that is looking to implement IP VPN
over MPLS for his/her customers (30 of them). Each customer site has
got around 10 users.

Applications are to be used database and for the customers http to
access their accounts at the manufacture company.

Customer right now accessing manufacture company site through ADSL
connection (Internet)

1- What are the recommended requirements (router, leased line,
etc,,,,) for each customer to have ?

2- If we want to implement IP VPN MPLS , do we need to replace that
ADSL connection with a leased line ? or still we can used ADSL
connection ? or we have to have another specific connection for IP VPN
beside ADSL, (i.e. one connection is dedicated for IP VPN and the ADSL
connection for accessing the internet )

3- If I am looking to use a Cisco router as Customer Edge router (CE
router, because client right now does not have a Cisco router ) what
type of router do I need ? what module should a router have ? what
type of ISO ? or does not matter ?

4- Do I need to have any other devices beside a Cisco router ?

Note: I can find informations about the applications that are going to
be used and therefore we can decide the proper bandwidth.