Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > target _blank and opening a new window in Firefox

target _blank and opening a new window in Firefox

Jonathan N. Little

Ed Mullen wrote:
> john smith wrote:
>> sorry I apolagise for what i said before itturends it was only becuse
>> the the way mycoppysof fier and fox and see monky were set up to act
>> is why it worked for me so i was totly rong so igess thereisno way
>> inless of corse likemethepersonhas fier fox set to openwindows
>> instedof tabs

> There is no way. Period. No "inless", no unless, no nothing, it cannot
> be done. Period!

Great one Ed! I was having a tough time deciding whether this was some
form of bad "cyber-speak", non-English struggle, or illiteracy going on
here...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

GTalbot

On 25 nov, 15:02, "Ubi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It's really non-sense to open 900px wide pages in a small pop-up. I think
> Firefox should have made an exception for popups windows.
>
> Daniele

Daniele,

I entirely agree with RF when he says
"If the information is so important then put it right there, on the
page I am
looking at."

Gérard

Blinky the Shark

Jonathan N. Little wrote:

> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> john smith wrote:
>>> sorry I apolagise for what i said before itturends it was only becuse
>>> the the way mycoppysof fier and fox and see monky were set up to act
>>> is why it worked for me so i was totly rong so igess thereisno way
>>> inless of corse likemethepersonhas fier fox set to openwindows
>>> instedof tabs

>> There is no way. Period. No "inless", no unless, no nothing, it cannot
>> be done. Period!

> Great one Ed! I was having a tough time deciding whether this was some
> form of bad "cyber-speak", non-English struggle, or illiteracy going on
> here...

I'm still trying to untie "itturends".

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Els

Blinky the Shark wrote:

> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> Ed Mullen wrote:
>>>
>>> There is no way. Period. No "inless", no unless, no nothing, it cannot
>>> be done. Period!

>> Great one Ed! I was having a tough time deciding whether this was some
>> form of bad "cyber-speak", non-English struggle, or illiteracy going on
>> here...

> I'm still trying to untie "itturends".

I'm betting "it turns out", with a 'silent d' added in, and the word
'out' missing.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

john smith

soory but im doing my best to write bing totly blind and and having
nothing but a sckreen reader to help me out maks it relly hard to write and
i mess things and get words stuck together some times but know this i don't
do it on perpace . and I do try and edit my messages but i domess things
some times.

Els

john smith wrote:

> soory but im doing my best to write bing totly blind and and having
> nothing but a sckreen reader to help me out maks it relly hard to write and
> i mess things and get words stuck together some times but know this i don't
> do it on perpace . and I do try and edit my messages but i domess things
> some times.

That actually crossed my mind, as you're making the same type of
mistakes as another blind poster in the webmaster group. I bet that if
you let your reader speak the words you wrote, you won't hear the
difference between a correctly spelled word and an incorrectly spelled
one. Makes it kinda hard to catch the errors I think.

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/

Jonathan N. Little

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>
>> Ed Mullen wrote:
>>> There is no way. Period. No "inless", no unless, no nothing, it cannot
>>> be done. Period!

>> Great one Ed! I was having a tough time deciding whether this was some
>> form of bad "cyber-speak", non-English struggle, or illiteracy going on
>> here...

> I'm still trying to untie "itturends".

"it turns" as in "it turns out"?

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------

john smith wrote:
> soory but im doing my best to write bing totly blind and and having
> nothing but a sckreen reader to help me out maks it relly hard to write and
> i mess things and get words stuck together some times but know this i don't
> do it on perpace . and I do try and edit my messages but i domess things
> some times.

With that knowledge we shall cope. We have others here that are blind or
not native English speakers and we can usually find common ground to
communicate. But sometimes it is difficult to differentiate from those
who think it is really cool using super cyber-speak slang....

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

dorayme

In article <fipols$sb6$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"john smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> soory but im doing my best to write bing totly blind and and having
> nothing but a sckreen reader to help me out maks it relly hard to write and
> i mess things and get words stuck together some times but know this i don't
> do it on perpace . and I do try and edit my messages but i domess things
> some times.

No, I'm sorry mate. This did not occur to me and I would not have
made my remark (about the writing being deliberate or accidental)
if it had occurred to me that you were blind and using a screen
reader. You still get your meaning across ok. Don't go away, you
can learn a few things here. (I just did.)

--
dorayme

Blinky the Shark

Els wrote:

> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>
>> Jonathan N. Little wrote:

>>> Great one Ed! I was having a tough time deciding whether this was some
>>> form of bad "cyber-speak", non-English struggle, or illiteracy going on
>>> here...

>> I'm still trying to untie "itturends".

> I'm betting "it turns out", with a 'silent d' added in, and the word
> 'out' missing.

AND a spare "e" thrown in just for good measure?