Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Google Earth

Google Earth

Alasdair

I tried loading Google Earth into my computer and running it. When I
click on the .exe file, I get two small windows coming up. One is
headed "Google Earth -- Login Status" and it says "Finishing Google
Earth server login" while the other is headed "Google Earth: 'Direct
X' mode not supported". The latter window has two buttons marked
"Exit" and "Try 'open GL'". Neither of these buttons respond and
there seems no way to change the settings of Google Earth.

I'll be very pleased if anyone can help.

I am running a P4 computer with Windows XP.

--
Alasdair.

SgtMinor

Alasdair wrote:
> I tried loading Google Earth into my computer and running it. When I
> click on the .exe file, I get two small windows coming up. One is
> headed "Google Earth -- Login Status" and it says "Finishing Google
> Earth server login" while the other is headed "Google Earth: 'Direct
> X' mode not supported". The latter window has two buttons marked
> "Exit" and "Try 'open GL'". Neither of these buttons respond and
> there seems no way to change the settings of Google Earth.
>
> I'll be very pleased if anyone can help.
>
> I am running a P4 computer with Windows XP.

See if there is an updated video driver for your system.

jils

Alasdair wrote:
> I tried loading Google Earth into my computer and running it. When I
> click on the .exe file, I get two small windows coming up. One is
> headed "Google Earth -- Login Status" and it says "Finishing Google
> Earth server login" while the other is headed "Google Earth: 'Direct
> X' mode not supported". The latter window has two buttons marked
> "Exit" and "Try 'open GL'". Neither of these buttons respond and
> there seems no way to change the settings of Google Earth.
>
> I'll be very pleased if anyone can help.
>
> I am running a P4 computer with Windows XP.

some similar problems reported elsewhere. see here:
http://www.google.com.au/search?num=...a=lr%3Dlang_en