All 2 messages in topic - view as tree
From: Blaine Hamrick - view profile
Date: Thurs, Jul 28 2005 8:25 pm
Email: "Blaine Hamrick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

| Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Let me begin by thanking anyone who can shed any light at all on my
networking problem. I have a typical wireless network with the Linksys
WRT54G as the gateway/router. I'm able to have nice internet
connections on
all computers, and can even share some files, but the majority will not

share. For example: I have two folders on each computer named
"schematics",
and they are shared with read and write privileges. The folder on the
remote
computer contains several files, but for the sake of the discussion one
is
named bilevel.gif and the other bmeter1.gif. I can copy the first file
the remote computer, but the second throws an error message stating,
"Cannot
copy bmeter1: Access is denied. Make sure disk is not full or
write-protected and that the file is not currently in use." The disk is
far
from full and not write-protected, nor is the file in use.

I do not believe that the wireless equipment is at fault, as some files
will
transfer, and others will not. The same thing happens on a Windows Me
computer sometimes connected to the computer, but let's not complicate
things now. I have legal copies of Windows XP Professional with SP1a
and all
later patches applied. I do not use SP2, as it is not compatible with
the
motherboard on this P3 system.

Any input appreciated. Thank you!
--
Blaine Hamrick, AL7HH
Irving, Texas 444.800 MHz, 110.9 Hz

Rate this post: Text for clearing space

From: Mark Ryser - view profile
Date: Sun, Jul 31 2005 7:48 pm
Email: "Mark Ryser" <Mark (E-Mail Removed)>
Groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
Not yet ratedRating:
show options

| Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

I eagerly await the response to this thread as I have a very similiar
problem. I too have a wireless network with the WRT54G router
(although I
don't think its a router problem either). My remote computer is
running XP
Pro sp2 and my other computer is XP Home sp2, both access the internet
fine
and I print without difficulties using both computers.

The desktop has two hard drives, one is in FAT32 format, the other is
NTFS.
File sharing is enabled equally on both (I think). I am able to file
share
with the remote computer any files on the FAT32 hard drive 100% of the
time;
however, if I try to copy any files to the remote computer from the
NFTS hard
drive on the desktop, I get the same message: ...Access is denied.
Make sure
disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently
in use
.... 100% of the time. I browse the directory tree of the desktop
without any
difficulty just can't copy to / write to the remote computer.

Interestingly, I am unable to copy from the desktop's NFTS harddrive to
the
desktop's FAT32 harddrive (using the remote computer's Explorer)
without the
same error message above.

I am able to access and copy from the remote computer (an NFTS format)
the desktop no problem however.

Thanks,

(Sorry wasn't a help for you Blaine).

Mark Ryser