Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Change Exchange Server 2003 Services Account

Change Exchange Server 2003 Services Account

zubero

Hello:

I'm trying to change the logon account of the various Exchange services
(System Attendant, Information Store, etc.) from the local machine to a
domain user account with Enterpirse Admins, Domain Admins and Schema
Admins, group rights.

However once, I restart these services with the new account instead of the
local account, it no longer works.

I am using a MSPress Book ("Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange
Server 2003") as a guideline, where it explains how to do it. After
researching for a while, I also found this
&Product=exch2003.
So, which is the right document?

Has anyone ever been able to start Exchange services under a different
accout other then the local account?

Thanks in advance.

IT Geek

I have never been able to get that portion working, I believe it is a typo
with the MS Press book. I have also worked with MS and they have also
suggested that you leave it at local system

"zubero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns99F1F3D539D90zuberotelelinees@207.46.248.1 6...
> Hello:
>
> I'm trying to change the logon account of the various Exchange services
> (System Attendant, Information Store, etc.) from the local machine to a
> domain user account with Enterpirse Admins, Domain Admins and Schema
> Admins, group rights.
>
> However once, I restart these services with the new account instead of the
> local account, it no longer works.
>
> I am using a MSPress Book ("Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange
> Server 2003") as a guideline, where it explains how to do it. After
> researching for a while, I also found this
> &Product=exch2003.
> So, which is the right document?
>
> Has anyone ever been able to start Exchange services under a different
> accout other then the local account?
>

> Thanks in advance.

zubero

"IT Geek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have never been able to get that portion working, I believe it is a
> typo with the MS Press book. I have also worked with MS and they have
> also suggested that you leave it at local system
>
> "zubero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns99F1F3D539D90zuberotelelinees@207.46.248.1 6...
>> Hello:
>>
>> I'm trying to change the logon account of the various Exchange
>> services (System Attendant, Information Store, etc.) from the local
>> machine to a domain user account with Enterpirse Admins, Domain
>> Admins and Schema Admins, group rights.
>>
>> However once, I restart these services with the new account instead
>> of the local account, it no longer works.
>>
>> I am using a MSPress Book ("Implementing and Managing Microsoft
>> Exchange Server 2003") as a guideline, where it explains how to do
>> it. After researching for a while, I also found this
>> &Product=exch2003.
>> So, which is the right document?
>>
>> Has anyone ever been able to start Exchange services under a
>> different accout other then the local account?
>>

>> Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your answer.
I must admit I have been looking for a way to get it, but I didn't find it.
It is hard to believe this kind of "mistakes" take place but I must admit
the evidence.

If someone finds the way to improve it, please, explain it to me.

--
Carlos Jiménez
CCNA, CEH