Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > How to simulate these example CORDIC code?

How to simulate these example CORDIC code?

KJ

On Dec 6, 9:10 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Nov 24, 1:04 pm, "HT-Lab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > "fl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > Hi,
> > > I want to learn the implementation ofCORDIC. I find the following
> > > website has some code which I would like begin with it.

> > >http://www.ht-lab.com/freecores/cordic/cordic.html

> > > But I cannot simply simulate it in my Modelsim PE (student version)
> > > because of the setup problem. Could you, the FPGA and VHDL experts can
> > > tell me how to simulate it? Especially could you tell me how its
> > > structure about the behaviour and synthesis files arranged?

> > > Thanks in advance.

> > Send me an email and I will create a standalone Modelsim version for you. I
> > wrote this code some time ago using HDL Designer and Modelsim.

> > Regards,
> > Hanswww.ht-lab.com

> We do appreciate, if it be possible to use a standalone Modelsim
> version of project.
> Would U plz upload it or give some clue.
> Sincerely.
> MrM- Hide quoted text -

Try Altera or Xilinx, etc. for the web or student version where they
bundle in a limited version of Modelsim.

KJ

mrmoosavi@gmail.com

On Dec 6, 11:12 pm, KJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Dec 6, 9:10 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>

> > On Nov 24, 1:04 pm, "HT-Lab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > "fl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > > Send me an email and I will create a standalone Modelsim version for you. I
> > > wrote this code some time ago using HDL Designer and Modelsim.

> > > Regards,
> > > Hanswww.ht-lab.com

> > We do appreciate, if it be possible to use a standalone Modelsim
> > version of project.
> > Would U plz upload it or give some clue.
> > Sincerely.
> > MrM- Hide quoted text -

> Try Altera or Xilinx, etc. for the web or student version where they
> bundle in a limited version of Modelsim.
>
> KJ

I do not have any of following folders!
simprim = D:/vendors/Xilinx/mti/simprim
x55 = D:/hdl_designs/x55/work_mti
XilinxCoreLib = D:/vendors/Xilinx/mti/xilinxcorelib
altera_mf = D:/vendors/quartus/mti/altera_mf
mercury = D:/vendors/quartus/mti/mercury
Shared_lib = D:/DEMO/demo_hdl_designer/Shared_lib/work_mti
??

Mike Treseler

> I do not have any of following folders!
> simprim = D:/vendors/Xilinx/mti/simprim
> x55 = D:/hdl_designs/x55/work_mti
> XilinxCoreLib = D:/vendors/Xilinx/mti/xilinxcorelib
> altera_mf = D:/vendors/quartus/mti/altera_mf
> mercury = D:/vendors/quartus/mti/mercury
> Shared_lib = D:/DEMO/demo_hdl_designer/Shared_lib/work_mti
> ??

!!

If you write your own code, you won't need them.
See the testbench example here:
http://home.comcast.net/~mike_treseler/

HT-Lab

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Dec 6, 11:12 pm, KJ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Dec 6, 9:10 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

... snip

> I do not have any of following folders!
> simprim = D:/vendors/Xilinx/mti/simprim
> x55 = D:/hdl_designs/x55/work_mti
> XilinxCoreLib = D:/vendors/Xilinx/mti/xilinxcorelib
> altera_mf = D:/vendors/quartus/mti/altera_mf
> mercury = D:/vendors/quartus/mti/mercury
> Shared_lib = D:/DEMO/demo_hdl_designer/Shared_lib/work_mti
> ??

These are just Modelsim library mappings for my setup. I would suggest you
delete the modelsim.ini file and create a new one using the vmap command.
Then if required update the file with your primitive library mapping like
simprim/lpm etc, this is easily done using the GUI (Right_Mouse_Button in
the workspace tab -> new -> library),

Hans
www.ht-lab.com

Re: Cordic-based Sine Computer in MyHDL Kolja Sulimma VHDL 0 05-04-2006 09:58 AM
CORDIC implemetation anupam VHDL 2 12-02-2005 11:58 AM
Implementing the CORDIC algorithm without using Real Data Type Johnsy Joseph VHDL 2 10-29-2004 10:49 AM
writing cordic Gnome VHDL 0 07-28-2003 09:31 AM

Advertisments