Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't connect wired linksys lan to wireless belkin lan

Can't connect wired linksys lan to wireless belkin lan

Tom D

My cable modem is connected to my Linksys 4 port router and wired network.
This has three desktop computers connected and file and print sharing on. I
can access files on each computer from any of the computers. I just bought a
Belkin 4 port router with wireless. The forth port of my Linksys is
connected to the modem in on the Belkin. I have two notebooks with wireless
and file and print sharing on. They can access the Internet and each other
wirelessly through the Belkin, but not the rest of my wired network. How do
I gain access to the wired network with this set up? I have looked at the
careyholzman and Ezlan sites and couldn't find the answers. Thanks so much
in advance.

Tom Drake

Carey Holzman

Plugging a router into a router can lead to a configuration nightmare. I
suggest you REPLACE your Linksys router with the new Belkin router.

Once you do that, you'll probably find everything works as it should.

Carey

"Tom D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My cable modem is connected to my Linksys 4 port router and wired network.
> This has three desktop computers connected and file and print sharing on.
> I can access files on each computer from any of the computers. I just
> bought a Belkin 4 port router with wireless. The forth port of my Linksys
> is connected to the modem in on the Belkin. I have two notebooks with
> wireless and file and print sharing on. They can access the Internet and
> each other wirelessly through the Belkin, but not the rest of my wired
> network. How do I gain access to the wired network with this set up? I
> have looked at the careyholzman and Ezlan sites and couldn't find the
> answers. Thanks so much in advance.
>
> Tom Drake

Tom D

Thanks I'll give it a try, and thanks for the quick reply
"Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O7%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Plugging a router into a router can lead to a configuration nightmare. I
> suggest you REPLACE your Linksys router with the new Belkin router.
>
> Once you do that, you'll probably find everything works as it should.
>
> Carey
>
> "Tom D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My cable modem is connected to my Linksys 4 port router and wired
>> network. This has three desktop computers connected and file and print
>> sharing on. I can access files on each computer from any of the
>> computers. I just bought a Belkin 4 port router with wireless. The forth
>> port of my Linksys is connected to the modem in on the Belkin. I have two
>> notebooks with wireless and file and print sharing on. They can access
>> the Internet and each other wirelessly through the Belkin, but not the
>> rest of my wired network. How do I gain access to the wired network with
>> this set up? I have looked at the careyholzman and Ezlan sites and
>> couldn't find the answers. Thanks so much in advance.
>>
>> Tom Drake

Jack

Hi
May be this can Help.
Using Wireless Router as an Access Point:
http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Tom D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My cable modem is connected to my Linksys 4 port router and wired network.
> This has three desktop computers connected and file and print sharing on.

> can access files on each computer from any of the computers. I just bought

> Belkin 4 port router with wireless. The forth port of my Linksys is
> connected to the modem in on the Belkin. I have two notebooks with

wireless
> and file and print sharing on. They can access the Internet and each other
> wirelessly through the Belkin, but not the rest of my wired network. How

do
> I gain access to the wired network with this set up? I have looked at the
> careyholzman and Ezlan sites and couldn't find the answers. Thanks so much
> in advance.
>
> Tom Drake

Tom D

Very helpful! Thanks a lot.