Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError in quartz

Reply
Thread Tools

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError in quartz

 
 
rony.john@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2007
Hi all,
i am using quartz job scheduling api for my project. when i run a
simple
hello world program against jdk 1.4.1_02-b06, its giving
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction.

any idea?


thanks,
ronan
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
anshu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2007
On Nov 23, 4:15 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi all,
> i am using quartz job scheduling api for my project. when i run a
> simple
> hello world program against jdk 1.4.1_02-b06, its giving
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction.
>
> any idea?
>
> thanks,
> ronan


hi ronan

this is probleam of class path chech ur class path
properly then use..


regards

Anshul
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2007
anshu wrote:
> On Nov 23, 4:15 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> i am using quartz job scheduling api for my project. when i run a
>> simple
>> hello world program against jdk 1.4.1_02-b06, its giving
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction.
>>
>> any idea?
>>
>> thanks,
>> ronan

>
> hi ronan
>
> this is probleam of class path chech ur class path
> properly then use..


Usually it's a problem with an incomplete build of a project, or with use of a
modern compiler for that obsolete JVM without using -target and
-bootclasspath, not the application class path.

See
<http://www.mindprod.com/jgloss/runerrormessages.html#NOCLASSDEFFOUNDERROR>

--
Lew
 
Reply With Quote
 
Arne Vajh°j
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-23-2007
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> i am using quartz job scheduling api for my project. when i run a
> simple
> hello world program against jdk 1.4.1_02-b06, its giving
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction.
>
> any idea?


javax.transaction.UserTransaction is not part of Java SE but of Java EE.

I guess your code is intended to run inside an app server and not as
standalone app.

Arne
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2007
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 03:15:51 -0800 (PST), (E-Mail Removed) wrote,
quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :

>NoClassDefFoundError


my condolences.

see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/runerrorm...SDEFFOUNDERROR
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
luna085@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-29-2007
On 23 nov, 05:15, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Hi all,
> i am using quartz job scheduling api for my project. when i run a
> simple
> hello world program against jdk 1.4.1_02-b06, its giving
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction.
>
> any idea?
>
> thanks,
> ronan


Hi everybody!

This could be because you are using the last version of quartz but
your jvm is older that 5. I had the same problem and that was the
reason!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Lew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On 23 nov, 05:15, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> i am using quartz job scheduling api for my project. when i run a
>> simple
>> hello world program against jdk 1.4.1_02-b06, its giving
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction.
>>
>> any idea?
>>
>> thanks,
>> ronan

>
> Hi everybody!
>
> This could be because you are using the last version of quartz but
> your jvm is older that 5. I had the same problem and that was the
> reason!


If that is true, it would definitely behoove one to upgrade to Java 5, or
better yet to the current version, since Java 1.4 will be retired in 2008, and
all earlier versions are already past End-of-Life.

--
Lew
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2007
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 03:15:51 -0800 (PST), (E-Mail Removed) wrote,
quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :

>NoClassDefFoundError

see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/runerrorm...SDEFFOUNDERROR
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
The Java Glossary
http://mindprod.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
Esmond Pitt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2007
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi all,
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/transaction/UserTransaction.


This exception always causes a *lot* of confusion. It is *not* the same
as ClassNotFouncException: it is not a classpath or JRE version or
jar-contents problem. What it means is that the file that was reached
via the normal classpath search mechanism didn't contain the expected
class, i.e. that the directory the .class file was in didn't correspond
to its package declaration.
 
Reply With Quote
 
marzetas@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-04-2007
On 30 nov, 11:25, Esmond Pitt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:javax/transaction/UserTransaction.

>
> This exception always causes a *lot* of confusion. It is *not* the same
> as ClassNotFouncException: it is not a classpath or JRE version or
> jar-contents problem. What it means is that the file that was reached
> via the normal classpath search mechanism didn't contain the expected
> class, i.e. that the directory the .class file was in didn't correspond
> to its package declaration.


In this case, how can I get it right?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
compiling quartz scheduler aarthi kannan Java 2 04-02-2006 10:09 AM
VWD vs. Quartz dejavue82@yahoo.com ASP .Net 2 03-01-2006 02:31 AM
Quartz Mahesh Java 0 01-25-2005 02:01 PM
Avoid executing a job with quartz scheduler - HELP please i am stumped Harri Java 0 12-20-2004 02:03 PM
Quartz Scheduler in Weblogic 8.1 SP3 Dan Java 0 09-07-2004 10:38 AM



Advertisments