Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WEP Disabled

WEP Disabled

=?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

I have a new HP Laptop with built in wireless connection.
My Liknsys router is set up with 128 bit wep encryption.
I can connect to the router by clicking on the icon in the lower right
taskbar and choose the router and then click connect.

I can also set this up for a profile.
Now the kicker.....
Every time I reboot the laptop and go to [my computer] [network connections]
[wireless network card] it says that it is connected by the wep is disabled.

The HP Tech folks have tried everything except reloading window xp.

Any suggestions???????

Rick

tim

Ive had a few different problems,but it was resolved after unstalling the
driver for the router and wireless adapter in one case.Maybe try that first
??

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a new HP Laptop with built in wireless connection.
> My Liknsys router is set up with 128 bit wep encryption.
> I can connect to the router by clicking on the icon in the lower right
> taskbar and choose the router and then click connect.
>
> I can also set this up for a profile.
> Now the kicker.....
> Every time I reboot the laptop and go to [my computer] [network

connections]
> [wireless network card] it says that it is connected by the wep is

disabled.

> The HP Tech folks have tried everything except reloading window xp.
>
> Any suggestions???????
>
> Rick

tim

and reinstalling the drivers

"tim" <notforspam@timothy> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ive had a few different problems,but it was resolved after unstalling the
> driver for the router and wireless adapter in one case.Maybe try that

first
> ??

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a new HP Laptop with built in wireless connection.
> > My Liknsys router is set up with 128 bit wep encryption.
> > I can connect to the router by clicking on the icon in the lower right
> > taskbar and choose the router and then click connect.
> >
> > I can also set this up for a profile.
> > Now the kicker.....
> > Every time I reboot the laptop and go to [my computer] [network

> connections]
> > [wireless network card] it says that it is connected by the wep is

> disabled.
> >
> > The HP Tech folks have tried everything except reloading window xp.
> >
> > Any suggestions???????
> >
> > Rick

=?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

I have done the uninstall the driver for the wireless card but not the router.
My guess is that the linksys people would say that their driver would not
cause this issue....

"tim" wrote:

> and reinstalling the drivers
>
> "tim" <notforspam@timothy> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ive had a few different problems,but it was resolved after unstalling the
> > driver for the router and wireless adapter in one case.Maybe try that

> first
> > ??
> >

> > "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have a new HP Laptop with built in wireless connection.
> > > My Liknsys router is set up with 128 bit wep encryption.
> > > I can connect to the router by clicking on the icon in the lower right
> > > taskbar and choose the router and then click connect.
> > >
> > > I can also set this up for a profile.
> > > Now the kicker.....
> > > Every time I reboot the laptop and go to [my computer] [network

> > connections]
> > > [wireless network card] it says that it is connected by the wep is

> > disabled.
> > >
> > > The HP Tech folks have tried everything except reloading window xp.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions???????
> > >
> > > Rick

tim

i think sometimes its the hard drive,from experience with other programs
when the settings wont change afer you change somethng.It looked that way to
me at those times (or some sort of software clash?)when the pc isnt new.hope
you get some more help and work it out,if you dont dare to uninstall the
router driver.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...