Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DATA THROUGH QUERYSTRING

DATA THROUGH QUERYSTRING

vinodkus@gmail.com

DEAR SIR/MADAM
I WANT TO SEND DATA THROUGH QUERYSTRING BUT I DONT WANT TO SHOW
DATA IN URL. HAVE U ANY METHOD PLEASE TELL ME.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

PSiegmann@mail.nu

On Nov 23, 7:10 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> DEAR SIR/MADAM
> I WANT TO SEND DATA THROUGH QUERYSTRING BUT I DONT WANT TO SHOW
> DATA IN URL. HAVE U ANY METHOD PLEASE TELL ME.
>
> THANKS IN ADVANCE

If that's the case, then you should use the session object instead.

http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickst...eoverview.aspx

Mark Rae [MVP]

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I WANT TO SEND DATA THROUGH QUERYSTRING BUT I DONT WANT TO SHOW
> DATA IN URL. HAVE U ANY METHOD PLEASE TELL ME.

Firstly, turn off your CapsLock...

Whatever you put in the QueryString will be displayed in the browser -
that's just the way it works...

You could encrypt the data...

Does it *have* to be via a QueryString...? Can't you use the Session object
instead...?

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

Steve

What about a plain old HTTP POST (vs GET)? Put the data in hidden form
fields.

Steve

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> I WANT TO SEND DATA THROUGH QUERYSTRING BUT I DONT WANT TO SHOW
>> DATA IN URL. HAVE U ANY METHOD PLEASE TELL ME.

> Firstly, turn off your CapsLock...
>
> Whatever you put in the QueryString will be displayed in the browser -
> that's just the way it works...
>
> You could encrypt the data...
>
> Does it *have* to be via a QueryString...? Can't you use the Session
> object instead...?
>

> --
> Mark Rae
> ASP.NET MVP
> http://www.markrae.net

Mark Rae [MVP]

news:Oeto%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Mark Rae [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>> I WANT TO SEND DATA THROUGH QUERYSTRING BUT I DONT WANT TO SHOW
>>> DATA IN URL. HAVE U ANY METHOD PLEASE TELL ME.

>> Firstly, turn off your CapsLock...
>>
>> Whatever you put in the QueryString will be displayed in the browser -
>> that's just the way it works...
>>
>> You could encrypt the data...
>>
>> Does it *have* to be via a QueryString...? Can't you use the Session
>> object instead...?

> What about a plain old HTTP POST (vs GET)? Put the data in hidden form
> fields.

Sure - why not...? There are several ways in ASP.NET to pass data between
pages without using a QueryString...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP