Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > New Security Firm Takes on Cyber Crime

New Security Firm Takes on Cyber Crime

]|3inary |[-]|avoc

New cyber security firm in Cincinnati Ohio looks to take on the world
of cyber crime. They offer an interesting menu of solutions and boast
as being a "leader" in a new age of cyber threats. Datahack
Technologies states that they are the worlds answer to rising online
threats. My question is..... is this another security firm in the
ocean of consultants, or is this the much needed hero of the day?? By
the looks of it I would say its the latter... I am interested in
finding out...

http://www.datahacktechnologies.com

kd@invalid.org

"]|3inary |[-]|avoc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> New cyber security firm in Cincinnati Ohio looks to take on the world
> of cyber crime. They offer an interesting menu of solutions and boast
> as being a "leader" in a new age of cyber threats. Datahack
> Technologies states that they are the worlds answer to rising online
> threats. My question is..... is this another security firm in the
> ocean of consultants, or is this the much needed hero of the day?? By
> the looks of it I would say its the latter... I am interested in
> finding out...
>
> http://www.datahacktechnologies.com

Are you a shill for them? Or are you (singular) them? It just seems
odd someone would:
o come out of the woodwork with essentially no usenet posting
history and
o post what looks like a press release in the form of a
question, and
o do so from an InsightBB owned IP in Covington, KY (i.e. just
across the river from Cincinnati), and
o from a gmail address that has only 1 other posting in
recorded usenet history, which was posted from... hey look
at that, cinci.res.rr.com!

Now, shill, spammer, self promotion, and
ethics-of-shilling-own-business-pretending-to-be-someone-else issues
aside...

I for one wouldn't be eager to trust a firm to do ethical hacking on
my business that has a domain registered behind domainsbyproxy and
doesn't have a physical address or any human names or even a phone
number listed in their website contact information. When someone
orders up ethical hacking on their business, unless they're a complete
idiot, they should be seeking a high degree of comfort with the ethics
of the hacker involved. So if you're new to this business (and
welcome to the fray) you might wanna think about this smokescreen from
a marketing perspective. When "Who We Are" on your web page really
says nothing but weasel words that trigger buzzword bingo, it may send
folks looking in the other direction.

Your menu of solutions is no different than that of more trustworthy
types such as ISS, Verisign, Symantec, and a bevy of other smaller
fish who have a more recognizeable blip on the infosec radar, and
who aren't so evasive about their identity. And who aren't engaging
in ethically questionable promotion strategies such as shilling
themselves on usenet newsgroups pretending to be some person randomly
interested in a security company no one has heard of.

KD

Unruh

"]|3inary |[-]|avoc" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>New cyber security firm in Cincinnati Ohio looks to take on the world
>of cyber crime. They offer an interesting menu of solutions and boast
>as being a "leader" in a new age of cyber threats. Datahack
>Technologies states that they are the worlds answer to rising online
>threats. My question is..... is this another security firm in the
>ocean of consultants, or is this the much needed hero of the day?? By
>the looks of it I would say its the latter... I am interested in
>finding out...

>http://www.datahacktechnologies.com

No idea. Not enough info on the web page to differentiate. anyone can boast
of being a leader. I doubt very much if it is "hero of the day". You have
to do more research. I am made a bit wary of their statement that they do
whitehat attacks on your system. That is not needed to determine the
security of your system, since they presumably would have inside access.
Ie, you do not have to run a bulldozer at a door to see if it is locked if
you are inside and can see the lock.
It can be a tool, but only a crude one.