Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > He Tells it like it is !!!

He Tells it like it is !!!

ANovice

"They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk.

Everybody knows it's important to speak English
except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor
with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a
decent living. People marched and were hit in the
face with rocks to get an education, and now
we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
The lower economic people are not holding up
their end in this deal.

These people are not parenting. They are buying
things for kids. $500 sneakers for what ? ?

And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is
standing there in an orange suit.

Where were you when he was 2 ? ?

Where were you when he was 12 ? ?

Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a
pistol ? ?

And where is the father ? ? Or who is his father ?

People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?

People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that
a sign of something ? ?

Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up ?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got
all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

What part of Africa did this come from??

We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans;
they don't know a thing about Africa .

With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap,
and all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's
problem.

We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight
different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.

We have millionaire football players who cannot read.

We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs.
We, as black folks, have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.

We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.
We cannot blame the white people any longer."

Dr. William Henry "Bill" Cosby, Jr., Ed.D.

doS

who am you?

"ANovice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> "They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
> I can't even talk the way these people talk:

HEMI-Powered

ANovice added these comments in the current discussion du jour

> "They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
> I can't even talk the way these people talk:
> Why you ain't,
> Where you is,
> What he drive,
> Where he stay,
> Where he work,
> Who you be...
> And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
> And then I heard the father talk.

how about he axed me? or "ho"? I always thought the latter was
spelled "hoe" and was used to get rid of weeds in one's garden.
kids do in fact learn from their parents and their teachers. if
either or neither know themselves how to speak proper English,
including spelling, usage, and grammar, and they are so lazy or
so stupid as to let those in their charge get by without, then it
is sad, sad, sad. what is more sad, though, is that the kids who
grow up and try to get a job simply cannot comprehend why
employers do not want to hire them.

> Everybody knows it's important to speak English
> except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor
> with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
> In fact you will never get any kind of job making a
> decent living. People marched and were hit in the
> face with rocks to get an education, and now
> we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
> The lower economic people are not holding up
> their end in this deal.
>
> These people are not parenting. They are buying
> things for kids. $500 sneakers for what ? ?
>
> And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.
>
> I am talking about these people who cry when their son is
> standing there in an orange suit.
>
> Where were you when he was 2 ? ?
>
> Where were you when he was 12 ? ?
>
> Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know
> that he had a pistol ? ?
>
> And where is the father ? ? Or who is his father ?
>
> People putting their clothes on backward:
> Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
>
> People with their hats on backward, pants down around the
> crack, isn't that a sign of something ? ?
>
> Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up ?
>
> Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the
> way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through
> her body?
>

> What part of Africa did this come from??
>
> We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans;
> they don't know a thing about Africa .
>
> With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that
> crap, and all of them are in jail.
>
> Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the
> white person's problem.

I'm not sure where you're going with the above 2 paragraphs, but
I personally believe that citizens of the United States are
Americans, period. They aren't hyphenated Americans nor are they
known as some race or ethnic group or religious group whether
used properly or via some disparaging slur. I NO problem
whatsoever with ALL ethnic and religious groups and ALL citizens
of foreign counties living and working here and enjoying the same
freedoms, rights, and protections as any other citizens. In
short, I see everyone as the same color. Moreover, I see
absolutely NO problem with -Americans maintaining their national
heritage, religious teachings and habits, regional dress, or
anything else that reminds them and their children that it is
important to be true to your old nationality and religion as well
as your new nationality, that of the United States of American. I
will also extend the same basic ideas to those who legally enter
this country and abide by its laws and customs, but I have
nothing but contempt for those who enter illegally, partake in
benefits they neither pay for nor deserve, and especially do not
like anyone, legal or illegal but particularly illegals,
committing crimes and somehow being above or beyond the law.

> We have got to take the neighborhood back.
> People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children
> with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call
> them now.
>
> We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
>
> We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two
> paragraphs. We, as black folks, have to do a better job.
> Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting
> us.

I see your point, but what does that say about those who pay the
pro teams such outlandish ticket prices as to "justify" player
salaries like that? in short, what does all of this have to say
about the dumbing down of American society, which is happening at
an alarmingly accelerating rate and is hardly only in the poorer
neighborhood previously known as black ghettos. you don't have to
be any ethnic group or any income group to be stupid, not to be
able to read, write, and speak English, nor teach same to your
kids.

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Never complain, never explain" - Henry Ford II

Thip

"HEMI-Powered" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> ANovice added these comments in the current discussion du jour
>
> how about he axed me? or "ho"? I always thought the latter was
> spelled "hoe" and was used to get rid of weeds in one's garden.
> kids do in fact learn from their parents and their teachers. if
> either or neither know themselves how to speak proper English,
> including spelling, usage, and grammar, and they are so lazy or
> so stupid as to let those in their charge get by without, then it
> is sad, sad, sad. what is more sad, though, is that the kids who
> grow up and try to get a job simply cannot comprehend why
> employers do not want to hire them.

True story:
I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the teachers was
decorating her classroom for Christmas and had some shiny "HoHoHo!" strips
she was suspending from the ceiling. The students--inmates--came in and
absolutely read her the riot act for having such trash right out in the open
like that.

doS

it refered to their girlfriends.

"Thip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "HEMI-Powered" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> ANovice added these comments in the current discussion du jour
>>
>> how about he axed me? or "ho"? I always thought the latter was
>> spelled "hoe" and was used to get rid of weeds in one's garden.
>> kids do in fact learn from their parents and their teachers. if
>> either or neither know themselves how to speak proper English,
>> including spelling, usage, and grammar, and they are so lazy or
>> so stupid as to let those in their charge get by without, then it
>> is sad, sad, sad. what is more sad, though, is that the kids who
>> grow up and try to get a job simply cannot comprehend why
>> employers do not want to hire them.

> True story:
> I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the teachers
> was decorating her classroom for Christmas and had some shiny "HoHoHo!"
> strips she was suspending from the ceiling. The students--inmates--came
> in and absolutely read her the riot act for having such trash right out in
> the open like that.

HEMI-Powered

Thip added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

>> how about he axed me? or "ho"? I always thought the latter
>> was spelled "hoe" and was used to get rid of weeds in one's
>> garden. kids do in fact learn from their parents and their
>> teachers. if either or neither know themselves how to speak
>> proper English, including spelling, usage, and grammar, and
>> they are so lazy or so stupid as to let those in their charge
>> get by without, then it is sad, sad, sad. what is more sad,
>> though, is that the kids who grow up and try to get a job
>> simply cannot comprehend why employers do not want to hire
>> them.

> True story:
> I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the
> teachers was decorating her classroom for Christmas and had
> some shiny "HoHoHo!" strips she was suspending from the
> ceiling. The students--inmates--came in and absolutely read
> her the riot act for having such trash right out in the open
> like that.

Sounds like you fell prey to a common double-standard. One
paricular race can call there women "ho" or "bitch" but those not
of the same race cannot. It annoys and saddans me that people
increasingly like to place a race card or religious card against
those who are different than them, and worse, they like to assert
freedoms, rights, and protections - which is fine - but at YOUR
or MY expense. That last time I looked the Bill of Rights does
NOT define those attributes as a zero sum game where for one
group to assert themselves, rightfully or wrongfully, means that
some or all the other groups must somehow lose something. But, if
one who has had their freedoms, rights, or protections
compromised under this scenario, then THEY are accused of being
racist or violating others civil rights. I simply do not
understand why ALL Americans cannot give ALL other Americans the
very same good deal they themselves would like to enjoy; in
short, I see NO reason for double standards whatsoever and it
pains me that some people want to remove things like the 10
Commandments or a Nativity Scene from a public place. OK, you
want to erect yours, fine by me, just let me keep mine. This
country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles but certainly
by the time of the great influx of European immigrants in the
late 19th century and in later years from the Orient and the
Middle East, to name just two, it would seem that all of this CAN
peacefully co-exist. Or, am I missing something pretty basic
here?

--
HP, aka Jerry

"Never complain, never explain" - Henry Ford II

elaich

"Thip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the
> teachers was decorating her classroom for Christmas and had some shiny
> "HoHoHo!" strips she was suspending from the ceiling. The
> students--inmates--came in and absolutely read her the riot act for
> having such trash right out in the open like that.

I actually read that they are trying to ban Santa from saying "ho ho ho."
Jump in there with the holiday tree. The dumbing down of America is almost
complete.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

elaich <|@|.|> wrote:

>"Thip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the
>> teachers was decorating her classroom for Christmas and had some shiny
>> "HoHoHo!" strips she was suspending from the ceiling. The
>> students--inmates--came in and absolutely read her the riot act for
>> having such trash right out in the open like that.

>I actually read that they are trying to ban Santa from saying "ho ho ho."

And change his red suit to green, cause everybody knows a red Santa
was just to sell Coca Cola. http://tinyurl.com/39vsr3
--

2007 Black Friday Buying Guide
Excel spreadsheet or HTML

Blinky the Shark

> elaich <|@|.|> wrote:
>
>>"Thip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>>> I work in a prison, taught there my first 6 years. One of the
>>> teachers was decorating her classroom for Christmas and had some shiny
>>> "HoHoHo!" strips she was suspending from the ceiling. The
>>> students--inmates--came in and absolutely read her the riot act for
>>> having such trash right out in the open like that.

>>I actually read that they are trying to ban Santa from saying "ho ho ho."

> And change his red suit to green, cause everybody knows a red Santa
> was just to sell Coca Cola. http://tinyurl.com/39vsr3

I *hope* everyone doesn't "know" that false UL.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> elaich <|@|.|> wrote:
>>
>>>"Thip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>>I actually read that they are trying to ban Santa from saying "ho ho ho."

>> And change his red suit to green, cause everybody knows a red Santa
>> was just to sell Coca Cola. http://tinyurl.com/39vsr3

>I *hope* everyone doesn't "know" that false UL.

I wouldn't think anyone would associate a red Santa with Coca cola,
that's what made the article so odd.

As a side note, years ago our family lived next door to a Coca Cola
distributor. at christmas he gave us a really neat Santa doll with a
coke in his hand. It's still displayed each christmas.

But I've always associated red Santa as a good time, and when young
some very sleepless nights.
--

Child abuse or college prank gone wrong?
Preschool teacher ducktapes children to classroom wall