Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > no internet conection

no internet conection

I have a built in wireless card in my Dell. I get a excellent signal to my
computer. The problem is when opening (IE OR FIREFOX) I get page cannot be
displayed error.
I can connect wired OK.
Any ideas would be very helpful. I am using XP Media Center additiom sp2.
Thanks

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Seeing a signal does not mean that your actually have a Wireless connection
between the Computer and the Router.
My guess is that your Wireless configuration is somewhat off and there is No
real connection.
May be this can Help.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a built in wireless card in my Dell. I get a excellent signal to my
> computer. The problem is when opening (IE OR FIREFOX) I get page cannot
> be
> displayed error.
> I can connect wired OK.
> Any ideas would be very helpful. I am using XP Media Center additiom sp2.
> Thanks

Ruth Ann

You may want to check and see if you have a wireless button on the exterior
of your computer. Some of them require you to push a button to turn it on.
Just check and see. I used to have the same problem. It could be that no
one is using wireless in your area or that their wireless is secured and you
have to have their password to access it. Hope that helps.