Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Vista Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG boot connection?

Vista Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG boot connection?

Bob

If I set my TRENDnet TEW 630APB wireless Access Point to hide SSID I never
can get my Vista Home Premium Notebook with Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG to
connect on boot-up. All checkmarks for the connection are enabled so that it
should auto connect. If I log off and log on connection is made
successfully.

If I enable SSID broadcast in my TrendNet it works even on the first boot
up. No need to login a second time.

How come Vista needs to login a second time when SSID is set not to be
broadcasted? Anyway to make it work with SSID invisible set and without
having to logoff / logon after the initial boot?

Pavel A.

"Bob" wrote:
> If I set my TRENDnet TEW 630APB wireless Access Point to hide SSID I never
> can get my Vista Home Premium Notebook with Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG to
> connect on boot-up. All checkmarks for the connection are enabled so that it
> should auto connect. If I log off and log on connection is made
> successfully.
>

> If I enable SSID broadcast in my TrendNet it works even on the first boot
> up. No need to login a second time.
>
> How come Vista needs to login a second time when SSID is set not to be
> broadcasted? Anyway to make it work with SSID invisible set and without
> having to logoff / logon after the initial boot?

Did you updated the 3945 driver, or still use one included in Vista RTM?

--PA