Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Extending the Bookmark Toolbar in Firefox

Extending the Bookmark Toolbar in Firefox

dino

I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

Doug G

dino wrote:
> I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
> abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
> create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

My often used bookmarks are in folders on the Bookmarks Toolbar. The
rest I get to on the Bookmarks menu.

dino

Doug G wrote:
> dino wrote:
>> I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
>> abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
>> create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

> My often used bookmarks are in folders on the Bookmarks Toolbar. The
> rest I get to on the Bookmarks menu.

Already do that and I'm still running out of space

Doug G

dino wrote:
> Doug G wrote:
>> dino wrote:
>>> I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
>>> abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
>>> create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

>> My often used bookmarks are in folders on the Bookmarks Toolbar. The
>> rest I get to on the Bookmarks menu.

> Already do that and I'm still running out of space

Most of the folders on my Bookmarks Toolbar have subfolders and some the
subfolders have subfolders.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

dino wrote:
> I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
> abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
> create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

you can make the one you have bigger, by putting the
following script in your userChrome.css file, or place the
attached file in your Chrome directory of the FF profile.
NOTE: I don't know if the attachment will make it here or not]:

/* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
#bookmarks-ptf {display:block !important; }
#bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator {display:inline !important; }
#bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item { visibility: visible !important;}
#overflow-padder { width: auto !important; } /* this
controls the length of the bookmarks */
#bookmarks-chevron { display: none !important; }

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

dino

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> dino wrote:
>> I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
>> abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
>> create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

> you can make the one you have bigger, by putting the following script in
> your userChrome.css file, or place the attached file in your Chrome
> directory of the FF profile. NOTE: I don't know if the attachment will
> make it here or not]:
>
> /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
> #bookmarks-ptf {display:block !important; }
> #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator {display:inline !important; }
> #bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item { visibility: visible !important;}
> #overflow-padder { width: auto !important; } /* this controls the length
> of the bookmarks */
> #bookmarks-chevron { display: none !important; }

That worked a treat....thanks for that

Worth pointing out that I had to retart FF for it to take effect.

dino wrote:
> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
>> dino wrote:
>>> I have crammed my links together as much as possible and used
>>> abbreviated names but now I've run out of space! Is there any way to
>>> create a second Bookmarks Toolbar or extend the one I have?

>> you can make the one you have bigger, by putting the following script in
>> your userChrome.css file, or place the attached file in your Chrome
>> directory of the FF profile. NOTE: I don't know if the attachment will
>> make it here or not]:
>>
>> /* Multi-row bookmarks toolbar */
>> #bookmarks-ptf {display:block !important; }
>> #bookmarks-ptf toolbarseparator {display:inline !important; }
>> #bookmarks-ptf .bookmark-item { visibility: visible !important;}
>> #overflow-padder { width: auto !important; } /* this controls the length
>> of the bookmarks */
>> #bookmarks-chevron { display: none !important; }
>>

> That worked a treat....thanks for that
>
> Worth pointing out that I had to retart FF for it to take effect.

any changes you make to FF, you must restart FF.