Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Guidance to choose certification

Guidance to choose certification

Ninad Soman

I am in EDS, and my new project will require me to work on SQL Server 2005
Reporting Services. However, i will be supporting the architecture for the
SQL RS used by the org.
I am seeking a certification supporting my job profile.
Advice me on this.

Blackmetal

You should be able to find that by yourself, because you know your career
needs and expectations. I don't believe that nobody else knows what you
expect for yourself.

"Ninad Soman" <Ninad http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am in EDS, and my new project will require me to work on SQL Server 2005
> Reporting Services. However, i will be supporting the architecture for the
> SQL RS used by the org.
> I am seeking a certification supporting my job profile.
> Advice me on this.

Blackmetal

I forgot to say this:

Someone who is involved in IT is expected to be able to do research and able
to find their own way to solve problems. I don't want to seem to be rude but
this is true and I don't get why people ask for advice on their careers.

For example, one thing is to ask about resources and books recomendations
than ask for what do you want in life.

"Blackmetal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You should be able to find that by yourself, because you know your career
> needs and expectations. I don't believe that nobody else knows what you
> expect for yourself.
>
> "Ninad Soman" <Ninad (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am in EDS, and my new project will require me to work on SQL Server 2005
>> Reporting Services. However, i will be supporting the architecture for
>> the
>> SQL RS used by the org.
>> I am seeking a certification supporting my job profile.
>> Advice me on this.

Darrilgibson@gmail.com

There isn't a certification that is targeted *only* at Reporting
Services.

However, both the MCITP: Database Administrator and the
MCITPatabase
Developer certifications touch on SQL Server Reporting Services. In
my
experience, the MCITP: Database Developer hit Reporting Services
quite
a bit more than the MCITP:Admin certification.

As an aside, I've found the tutorials and samples for SQL Server
Reporting Services were pretty good at walking you through the setup
and usability of Reporting Services.

HTH,

Darril Gibson
MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
Mcitpsuccess.com
Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)