Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > reinstalling XP sounds?

reinstalling XP sounds?

Tara Legale

okay, don't ask, but I deleted all the sound files for my XP (wavs
perhaps).... how can I reinstall them all? I tried Microsoft and could
not find where this might be possible.

Ragnar

Tara Legale wrote:
> okay, don't ask, but I deleted all the sound files for my XP (wavs
> perhaps).... how can I reinstall them all? I tried Microsoft and
> could not find where this might be possible.

If you can't find the relevant CAB folder on your XP installation disk you
could ask a friend to email the WAV files to you and put them in you
C:\Windows\Media folder. The whole set only come to 2.39 mB.

HTH

R.

sandy58

On Nov 21, 2:09 am, "Tara Legale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> okay, don't ask, but I deleted all the sound files for my XP (wavs
> perhaps).... how can I reinstall them all? I tried Microsoft and could
> not find where this might be possible.

I have sent the .wav files to your e-mail address.
Good luck