Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > antivirus recommendation please

antivirus recommendation please

Tara Legale

First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had Norton at
one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size that will do
the job?

- Bobb -

"Tara Legale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zbK0j.20896$(E-Mail Removed)...
> First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
> looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had
> Norton at one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size
> that will do the job?

I've used both of these:

http://www.download.com/Antivirus-Fi...yware/?tag=dir

AVG and AVAST have free / minimal installs

For AVG:
http://www.download.com/3000-2239_4-10761481.html

For Avast:
http://www.download.com/3000-2239_4-10747101.html

and watch the install / overview video

Mr. Arnold

"Tara Legale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zbK0j.20896$(E-Mail Removed)...
> First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
> looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had Norton
> at one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size that will
> do the job?

NOD32 uses the least amount of resources and has some very good features.
You can try the full version 25 trial software at www.eset.com. I last used
Norton back in 2001, then I switched to NOD32 and never looked back.

Alex Clayton

"Tara Legale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zbK0j.20896$(E-Mail Removed)...
> First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
> looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had Norton
> at one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size that will
> do the job?

AVG Free.
Moderation is for monks."
[Lazarus Long]

jtees4

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:35:59 GMT, "Tara Legale"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
>looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had Norton at
>one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size that will do
>the job?

AVG Free and Avast Free. Both excellent.

MaryL

"Tara Legale" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zbK0j.20896$(E-Mail Removed)...
> First and foremost (besides an antivirus program that does the job) I am
> looking for one that is the LEAST resource hog as possible. I had Norton
> at one time and it was enormous. Any that are the least in size that will
> do the job?

I like both AVG free and Avast! free. Small programs, free, easy to use,
reliable. Along with that, I add in Ad-Aware and SpyBot Search & Destroy.
*Don't* use AVG and Avast! at the same time because both are anti-virus
programs. Using two AV programs simultaneously can cause compatibility
issues.

MaryL