Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Performance

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Performance

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Hot Hardware have a preview of the performance we can expect from the Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 CPU:

Quote:
Let's do some quick math, since we're feeling all smart and scientific. The new 45nm Intel Yorkfield processor that we'll be showing you today has a die size that measures about 214mm square and is comprised of about 820 million transistors. Comparatively, AMD's Athlon 64 X2 6000+, that is built on a 90nm process, is comprised of some 227 million transistors and has a die size of 218mm square. So we have a 45nm-built processor with four times as many transistors and 2X the number of cores on board, that is actually slightly smaller than the other with one quarter the number of transistors and half as many CPU cores. Not to mention both of these processors have comparable power consumption and thermal profiles.
Read the rest here.

hoobs hoobs is offline
Junior Member

Great!!!! These new fast processors drop the price of the ones I use. I'm not a gamer and usually find that it's not the cpu that's the bottleneck. Sometimes you have to change the whole system to keep up with the processor, if you can afford it.