Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't get wireless network back

Can't get wireless network back

Ernie Lane

I have lost the ability to connect to my home wireless network from a
wireless-enabled notebook computer. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The notebook has wireless built in, and was connected to my network. I
wanted to install and check out a wireless card I am giving to my
son-in-law, so I disconnected from the network in order to isolate the
wireless card.

After working with the wireless card, I want to bring the notebook
computer back to 'normal' -- that is, connect to the network via the
built-in wireless adapter. Because I had disconnected, I guess, I got
the wireless icon in the system tray with the red X. When I
right-clicked on that icon to view available networks, I expected to see
the home network on that list, and then to connect to it. But it
doesn't appear. I installed an updated driver, and it still doesn't. I
am at a loss as to what to do. Any ideas?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It seems that the configuration of the current Wireless card got lost.
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).