Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > wireless-router with 8 ports

wireless-router with 8 ports

Gottfried Mentil

hi
wireless-router with 8 ports
who knows a make ??
--
Gottfried D. Mentil
PIELACHTALER WEB-DESIGN (p.w.d.)

* Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit o.a. Absender via e-mail *
* dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche *
* Erklaerungen werden ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht. *
* Correspondence with a.m. sender via e-mail is only for information *
* purposes. This medium is not used for the exchange of *
* legally-binding communications. *

Dave

if you are wireless why do you need any ports? as an alternative, use a
wired 8 port router and add a wireless access point.

"Gottfried Mentil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi
> wireless-router with 8 ports
> who knows a make ??
> --
> Gottfried D. Mentil
> PIELACHTALER WEB-DESIGN (p.w.d.)
> 3213 Frankenfels
> (E-Mail Removed)
> http://www.denken-hilft.com/
> http://www.pielachtal.com/
> A1 - 548 72 33 - von 12 bis 22 uhr
> H-D VIN: 1HD1FCW192Y639162
>

> ************************************************** ********************
> * Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit o.a. Absender via e-mail *
> * dient ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche *
> * Erklaerungen werden ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht. *
> ************************************************** ********************
> * Correspondence with a.m. sender via e-mail is only for information *
> * purposes. This medium is not used for the exchange of *
> * legally-binding communications. *
> ************************************************** ********************
>
> ************************************************** *****************
> ************************************************** *****************

Jack

Hi

The selection of 8 ports Wireless Cable/DSL Router is very very small and
inflexible.

The only difference between 4port to 8 port is the additional 4 ports on the
switch. A 4 port switch might cost (in the USA) $10. Yet an 8 ports Wireless
Router cost $50 more then the 4 ports. I.e. you pay $50 for a 4 port switch.
As strange as it might sound a lot of people when they need more ports
actually use an old Router (bypassing the WAN port). Many people switched
to Wireless and they end up with an old working wired Router.

However try Linksys.com or and D-Link.com you might find something there.
Jack (MVP-Networking).