Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Differences between Web Site and Web Application

Differences between Web Site and Web Application

Lloyd Sheen

As title states is there a URL pointing to the differences between the two
project types (actually their output).

I ask this as I cannot get Ajax web service calls to work correctly for a
Web Application.

Thanks
Lloyd Sheen

Mark Fitzpatrick

I haven't seen any such comparison as the web application was introduced
later on with SP1 (and before that as an add-on). Scott Guthrie did a great
blog post containing some info on the Web Application Project when it was
released at(http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...8/445742.aspx).
I don't think you'll find a comparison that deals with the Ajax issue though
as the AJAX extensions were released after the Web Application Project and
not much attention has been given to the web site project.

--

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

"Lloyd Sheen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As title states is there a URL pointing to the differences between the two
> project types (actually their output).
>
> I ask this as I cannot get Ajax web service calls to work correctly for a
> Web Application.
>
> Thanks
> Lloyd Sheen

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Try this search at the ASP.NET web site forums. That's where you'll find most
of the information on this subject:

http://forums.asp.net/search/SearchR...ct&o=Relevance

--Peter
"Inside every large program, there is a small program trying to get out."
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com
http://www.blogmetafinder.com