Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > scan code

scan code

asit

What is scan code ??

How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

Mark Bluemel

asit wrote:
> What is scan code ??
>
> How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

This is nothing to do with C, and a question which a few minutes on
Google can answer perfectly well.

vippstar@gmail.com

On Nov 19, 2:12 pm, asit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> What is scan code ??
>
> How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?q...canf&sektion=3

Read what each format specifier expects.
For example, 'p' expects void *

Mark Bluemel

> On Nov 19, 2:12 pm, asit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> What is scan code ??
>>
>> How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?q...canf&sektion=3
>
> Read what each format specifier expects.
> For example, 'p' expects void *

Well done - you've illustrated why this was the wrong place for asit to
ask his question

santosh

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
asit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote on Monday 19 Nov 2007 5:42 pm:

> What is scan code ??
>
> How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

This is a hardware characteristic which will vary from platform to
platform, keyboard type to keyboard type. C has nothing to say about
this.

Usually operating systems provide utilities or APIs to obtain the scan
codes for each key press and release. You need to consult the
documentation for your system and ask in an appropriate group like

santosh

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote on Monday 19 Nov 2007
6:09 pm:

> On Nov 19, 2:12 pm, asit <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> What is scan code ??
>>
>> How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?q...canf&sektion=3
>
> Read what each format specifier expects.
> For example, 'p' expects void *

I think you've misunderstood OP's question. He seems to be asking about
keyboard scancodes, not C's scan format specifiers.

Gordon Burditt

>What is scan code ??

It is the bar code (UPC code) on products you purchase at stores.

>How to know the SCAN Code of a character ???

When you go to the store to purchase characters to reload your
keyboard, save the packaging, which includes the UPC code for the
character.

(I suppose this has as much relevance to C as the PC-hardware-specific
answer).