Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No sound on Windows Media Player 11

No sound on Windows Media Player 11

Nick Withers

This program plays my music files, CDs and DVDs quite OK but has no
sound with radio stations on Internet Radio,
also streaming radio URLs don't work and no sound with streaming video.
Thanks for any assistance.

ded

"Nick Withers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> This program plays my music files, CDs and DVDs quite OK but has no sound
> with radio stations on Internet Radio,
> also streaming radio URLs don't work and no sound with streaming video.
> Thanks for any assistance.

You haven't mentioned what internet radio service or URL's.
but check their sites FAQ/support and I suspect you'll find that
you require RealPlayer for streaming radio.

Nick Withers

ded wrote:
> "Nick Withers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> This program plays my music files, CDs and DVDs quite OK but has no sound
>> with radio stations on Internet Radio,
>> also streaming radio URLs don't work and no sound with streaming video.
>> Thanks for any assistance.

> You haven't mentioned what internet radio service or URL's.
> but check their sites FAQ/support and I suspect you'll find that
> you require RealPlayer for streaming radio.

The internet service is on Media Player,,,,Media Guide/Internet
Radio/featured station.
and streaming sound files are... blah blah blah.asx. RealPlayer plays
..ram files.
Is there a codec missing?

> ded wrote:
>> "Nick Withers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> This program plays my music files, CDs and DVDs quite OK but has no
>>> sound with radio stations on Internet Radio,
>>> also streaming radio URLs don't work and no sound with streaming video.
>>> Thanks for any assistance.

>> You haven't mentioned what internet radio service or URL's.
>> but check their sites FAQ/support and I suspect you'll find that
>> you require RealPlayer for streaming radio.

> The internet service is on Media Player,,,,Media Guide/Internet
> Radio/featured station.
> and streaming sound files are... blah blah blah.asx. RealPlayer plays .ram
> files.
> Is there a codec missing?

OK, you supplied: "Media Guide/Internet Radio/featured station."
Which produced nothing on a search.
So I went to:
http://www.windowsmedia.com/Mediaguide/Radio
I followed a link, and chose Virgin Radio streamed:
http://www.windowsmedia.com/radiotuner/MyRadio.asp
It attempted to install/allow a pop-up, which I have blocked.
So I didn't continue.

You may have pop-ups blocked/security at full tilt/ etc
You may have to "relax" security settings:
Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options>Security Tab
Also you may have to temporarily allow pop-ups.