Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > dot1x authentication on windows xp and windows 2000 workstations

dot1x authentication on windows xp and windows 2000 workstations

acbgamir

we're trying to test dot1x authentication on wired LAN and the set-up was
already completed according to the cisco documentation on setting up dot1x
for wired network, we've already tried to acquire ip address thru
authentication and it worked, the problem is everytime we try to restart the
workstation it already has the same ip we've acquired before we restarted the
workstation. how can we make the workstation prompt first for auuthentication
before it acquire ip address upon startup???

Merv

On Nov 19, 2:28 am, "acbgamir" <u39193@uwe> wrote:
> we're trying to test dot1x authentication on wired LAN and the set-up was
> already completed according to the cisco documentation on setting up dot1x
> for wired network, we've already tried to acquire ip address thru
> authentication and it worked, the problem is everytime we try to restart the
> workstation it already has the same ip we've acquired before we restarted the
> workstation. how can we make the workstation prompt first for auuthentication
> before it acquire ip address upon startup???

You may also require Microsoft's portion of Network Access Protection
(NAP) which I believe comes with Windows Vista and Windows Server
2008. I believe Microsoft also plans to back-port this feature in
Windows XP SP3.

http://blogs.technet.com/nap/archive...x/default.aspx

http://blogs.technet.com/nap/archive...-planning.aspx

see also
Step-by-Step Guide: Demonstrate DHCP NAP Enforcement in a Test Lab

Cisco dot1x via snmp kesy Cisco 1 03-20-2007 05:14 AM
dot1x, radius and telnet authentication g18c@hotmail.com Cisco 2 11-01-2006 05:33 AM
Catalyst Express 500, dot1x, VLAN membership ermmau@gmail.com Cisco 0 09-14-2006 08:34 AM
Dot1x Mac-Auth-Bypass bt_hirosaito@gmx.de Cisco 0 06-29-2006 12:42 PM
problem with aaa authentication dot1x Rick Cisco 0 01-29-2004 10:28 AM

Advertisments