Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problem with sound on my laptop :( HELP!

Problem with sound on my laptop :( HELP!

Class316

I have windows Vista Ultimate 32bit, intel core 2 laptop with 1GB Ram.

Now when I play a anything (mp3, youtube, whatever etc), sometimes the
sound just seems to "drag" and have a rough sound. Then it goes back
to normal.

It may do so once during a song/video/whatever, or may do so more than
once.

I tried under M$ drivers that Vista puts in and under propper realtek
drivers (from laptop's manufacturer's site) and it does the same
thing.

Note that I had tried another laptop the past week. First it had Home
Premium then I upgraded to Ultimate. In niether case did this problem
show itself (the laptop is gone now cause it had other problems).

Also, in this laptop I had Home Premium and did not have this problem.
Then when I upgraded to Ultimate this problem happened

Is it a RAM isue? something else? Anyone know?

Mr. Arnold

"Class316" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have windows Vista Ultimate 32bit, intel core 2 laptop with 1GB Ram.
>
> Now when I play a anything (mp3, youtube, whatever etc), sometimes the
> sound just seems to "drag" and have a rough sound. Then it goes back
> to normal.
>
> It may do so once during a song/video/whatever, or may do so more than
> once.
>
> I tried under M$ drivers that Vista puts in and under propper realtek
> drivers (from laptop's manufacturer's site) and it does the same
> thing.
>
> Note that I had tried another laptop the past week. First it had Home
> Premium then I upgraded to Ultimate. In niether case did this problem
> show itself (the laptop is gone now cause it had other problems).
>
> Also, in this laptop I had Home Premium and did not have this problem.
> Then when I upgraded to Ultimate this problem happened
>
> Is it a RAM isue? something else? Anyone know?

You should post to MS.Windows.Vista.General at msnews.microsoft.com where
there are MVP(s) that can help you.

jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk

On Nov 18, 2:48 pm, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. (E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Class316" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> >I have windows Vista Ultimate 32bit, intel core 2 laptop with 1GB Ram.

> > Now when I play a anything (mp3, youtube, whatever etc), sometimes the
> > sound just seems to "drag" and have a rough sound. Then it goes back
> > to normal.

> > It may do so once during a song/video/whatever, or may do so more than
> > once.

> > I tried under M$ drivers that Vista puts in and under propper realtek
> > drivers (from laptop's manufacturer's site) and it does the same
> > thing.

> > Note that I had tried another laptop the past week. First it had Home
> > Premium then I upgraded to Ultimate. In niether case did this problem
> > show itself (the laptop is gone now cause it had other problems).

> > Also, in this laptop I had Home Premium and did not have this problem.
> > Then when I upgraded to Ultimate this problem happened

> > Is it a RAM isue? something else? Anyone know?

> You should post to MS.Windows.Vista.General at msnews.microsoft.com where
> there are MVP(s) that can help you.

The newsgroup you refer to is
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
You missed the ".public"
It is - some will recognise - of course accessible via Google.

Switching the "you".

Nothing wrong with this newsgroup though for this question. But you
may try others too.

As with any windows crash where you are not sure of the cause.
You should check Event Viewer, look for errors - system errors or
application errors. Red Xs especially.

You`d know if it was a RAM issue by changing the RAM.. It is a good
idea to have 2 sticks. Then you can take one out thus testing the
other one. I don`t use vista and I see you have 1GB and not 2GB. I am
not sure it would go in with 512, but worth a try.

I remember I had some error where just playing sound crashed my
machine completely. Changing RAM did not help, it may have postponed
the problem a bit. I thought the problem had gone after I uninstalled
something, maybe it did, but apps crashed - not just WMP, and the MBRD
died soon after. That was a complete crash though. Sound not going
back to normal. Luckily for you, your problem is different.