Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Routers?

Wireless Routers?

GuitarMan

Have been thinking about upgrading to the newer MIMO technology and have
considered between 3 different MIMO routers:

1. Netgear RangeMax WPN824 -
http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPN824.php
2. D-Link DI-634M - http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=458
3. Belkin F5D92304 -
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...uct_Id=203415#

I can't seem to locate any reasonable reviews on all these products and was
wondering if anyone knew of any good links for reviews on these products?
or if anyone here has used these and what they think of them?

Thanks...

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

First, let me give you some info.

The next Standard 802.11n is currently in the final stage of being written
and published.

My guess that in the summer we would start to see Real preN standard (the
current preN does not conform with any standard and would not be up
gradable) that would be able to be upgraded to final 802.11n hardware that
probably would be out by the end of the year.

Therefore, I am waiting.

However if your mind set on MIMO, of the name that you mentioned the Belkin
devices seem to have the best price performance Ratio.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"GuitarMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsYFHf.2521$lG.1192@trndny01...
> Have been thinking about upgrading to the newer MIMO technology and have
> considered between 3 different MIMO routers:
>
> 1. Netgear RangeMax WPN824 -
> http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPN824.php
> 2. D-Link DI-634M - http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=458
> 3. Belkin F5D92304 -
> http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...uct_Id=203415#
>
> I can't seem to locate any reasonable reviews on all these products and
> was
> wondering if anyone knew of any good links for reviews on these products?
> or if anyone here has used these and what they think of them?
>
> Thanks...

GuitarMan

I was just looking at another one:

Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router

Part # F5D8230-4

So, you don't think it would be a good idea to get this one then? I have
found some really good reviews on this one.
and at $99 it seems like a great deal.

Thanks Again...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> First, let me give you some info.
>
> The next Standard 802.11n is currently in the final stage of being written
> and published.
>
> My guess that in the summer we would start to see Real preN standard (the
> current preN does not conform with any standard and would not be up
> gradable) that would be able to be upgraded to final 802.11n hardware that
> probably would be out by the end of the year.
>
> Therefore, I am waiting.
>
> However if your mind set on MIMO, of the name that you mentioned the
> Belkin devices seem to have the best price performance Ratio.
>
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>

> "GuitarMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsYFHf.2521$lG.1192@trndny01...
>> Have been thinking about upgrading to the newer MIMO technology and have
>> considered between 3 different MIMO routers:
>>
>> 1. Netgear RangeMax WPN824 -
>> http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPN824.php
>> 2. D-Link DI-634M - http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=458
>> 3. Belkin F5D92304 -
>> http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...uct_Id=203415#
>>
>> I can't seem to locate any reasonable reviews on all these products and
>> was
>> wondering if anyone knew of any good links for reviews on these products?
>> or if anyone here has used these and what they think of them?
>>
>> Thanks...

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
It is your call.
Good Luck.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"GuitarMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was just looking at another one:
>
> Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router
>
> Part # F5D8230-4
>
> So, you don't think it would be a good idea to get this one then? I have
> found some really good reviews on this one.
> and at $99 it seems like a great deal.
>
> Thanks Again...
>
> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi
>>
>> First, let me give you some info.
>>
>> The next Standard 802.11n is currently in the final stage of being
>> written and published.
>>
>> My guess that in the summer we would start to see Real preN standard (the
>> current preN does not conform with any standard and would not be up
>> gradable) that would be able to be upgraded to final 802.11n hardware
>> that probably would be out by the end of the year.
>>
>> Therefore, I am waiting.
>>
>> However if your mind set on MIMO, of the name that you mentioned the
>> Belkin devices seem to have the best price performance Ratio.
>>
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>

>> "GuitarMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsYFHf.2521$lG.1192@trndny01...
>>> Have been thinking about upgrading to the newer MIMO technology and have
>>> considered between 3 different MIMO routers:
>>>
>>> 1. Netgear RangeMax WPN824 -
>>> http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WPN824.php
>>> 2. D-Link DI-634M - http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=458
>>> 3. Belkin F5D92304 -
>>> http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...uct_Id=203415#
>>>
>>> I can't seem to locate any reasonable reviews on all these products and
>>> was
>>> wondering if anyone knew of any good links for reviews on these
>>> products?
>>> or if anyone here has used these and what they think of them?
>>>
>>> Thanks...

GuitarMan

Ok, Thanks for the feedback Jack...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> It is your call.
> Good Luck.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "GuitarMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I was just looking at another one:
>>
>> Belkin Wireless Pre-N Router
>>
>> Part # F5D8230-4
>>
>> So, you don't think it would be a good idea to get this one then? I have
>> found some really good reviews on this one.
>> and at $99 it seems like a great deal.
>>
>> Thanks Again...
>>
>> "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> First, let me give you some info.
>>>
>>> The next Standard 802.11n is currently in the final stage of being
>>> written and published.
>>>
>>> My guess that in the summer we would start to see Real preN standard
>>> (the current preN does not conform with any standard and would not be up
>>> gradable) that would be able to be upgraded to final 802.11n hardware
>>> that probably would be out by the end of the year.
>>>
>>> Therefore, I am waiting.
>>>
>>> However if your mind set on MIMO, of the name that you mentioned the
>>> Belkin devices seem to have the best price performance Ratio.
>>>
>>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>>

>>> "GuitarMan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> newsYFHf.2521$lG.1192@trndny01...

Wayne

For this writer, new to Networking, I had a problem with a basic Belkin
router - would not connect to Internet, all other "connections" made. Tried
to reach Belkin tech support - three times one evening around 9pm -
experienced a round 'n round auto message system. NO real-livesupport.
Next morning, tried again, again, NO real-live person.
Went out a bought a Linksys - std 'g' router. Worked fine, first time.
Returned Belkin. Will not buy Belkin.

Wayne