Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to make pages open fully on start up.

How to make pages open fully on start up.

The Rifleman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> right

> via
>> > the
>> >>

>> > That's funny...as there should be a box that gives you the Run

> options???
>> >
>> >There is in the main OE & IE Icons that lets you alter them, but when

> you
>> >go to a web page like the BBC and create a shortcut on your desk, when

> you
>> >use the shortcut the page only opens up a third of normal size and right
>> >clicking on the desk top icon give you an attruubutes and general info

> box
>> >but no box that allows you to alter from min normal and max???

> Well it's beyond me.

Thanks for trying anyway )

dadiOH

The Rifleman wrote:
> OK guys somehow I have managed( dont know how) to get IE6 & OE 6 to
> open up fully maximised thats great ), But ( theres always a
> but) When I open up IE 6 and go to say the BBC or Sky news and
> create a shortcut on my desk top these now only open up at about a
> third of the page size, I've right clicked but there nothing to say
> run maxed,

Right click the shortcut
Properties
On the "shortcut" tab of properties there is a window at the
very bottom. The title of that window is "Run". If you will click
the little arrow button at the right of the Run window you will find
that which you seek.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

William

On 18 Nov, 16:50, "The Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "philo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > right click on the icon/shortcut

> > look at properties

> > then select: Run maximized

> Hi Philo, I'm afraid that does not come up on my PC, click on properties and
> it only gives the details of the shortcut itself.

OK, lets be clear about this:

1. Right-click on the shortcut.
2. On the pop-up menu, left-click on "Properties"
3. In the "Properties" window, left-click on the "Shortcut" tab.
4. In the "Shortcut" tab, locate the field that reads "Run" (about
half-way down).
5. Left-click on the down-arrow at the right-hand end of this field.
6. Select "Maximized" on the list.
7. Click "OK".
8. Double-click the shortcut to test.

--
WH

The Rifleman

"dadiOH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Properties
> On the "shortcut" tab of properties there is a window at the
> very bottom. The title of that window is "Run". If you will click
> the little arrow button at the right of the Run window you will find
> that which you seek.

Tried that there is no " Run" box displayed anywhere on the short cut right
clicked attributes or general section.

The Rifleman

"William" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> OK, lets be clear about this:
>
> 1. Right-click on the shortcut.
> 2. On the pop-up menu, left-click on "Properties"

No Sir when I right click on the short cut I get a box with with tabs
Tab 1 says " Web Document"
Underneath it says
URL ( BBC XXXXXXX)
Shortcut key ( none)
and a Change Icon button ( nothing in there)
Tab 2 says " General"
Type of file Internet shortCut
Description xxxxxxxxxxxx
Location D/xxxx
Size
Size on disc

Created
Modified
Accessed
then two tick boxes
Attributes Hidden

Then an advanced button Which deals with archiving and Compressing

Absolutely nothing " Run" or anything else ?

Cheers R

> 3. In the "Properties" window, left-click on the "Shortcut" tab.
> 4. In the "Shortcut" tab, locate the field that reads "Run" (about
> half-way down).
> 5. Left-click on the down-arrow at the right-hand end of this field.
> 6. Select "Maximized" on the list.
> 7. Click "OK".
> 8. Double-click the shortcut to test.
>
> --
> WH

William

On 19 Nov, 09:04, "The Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "William" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > OK, lets be clear about this:

> > 1. Right-click on the shortcut.
> > 2. On the pop-up menu, left-click on "Properties"

> No Sir when I right click on the short cut I get a box with with tabs
> Tab 1 says " Web Document"

OK. Try this:
1. Close absolutely every window everywhere.
2. Double-click on the shortcut to open it.
3. Resize that window to the desired size.
4. Close that window.
5. Re-open the shortcut to test it.

--
WH

dadiOH

The Rifleman wrote:
> "William" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)

>> OK, lets be clear about this:
>>
>> 1. Right-click on the shortcut.
>> 2. On the pop-up menu, left-click on "Properties"

> No Sir when I right click on the short cut I get a box with with
> tabs Tab 1 says " Web Document"
> Underneath it says
> URL ( BBC XXXXXXX)
> Shortcut key ( none)
> and a Change Icon button ( nothing in there)
> Tab 2 says " General"
> Type of file Internet shortCut
> Description xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Location D/xxxx
> Size
> Size on disc
>
> Created
> Modified
> Accessed
> then two tick boxes
> Attributes Hidden
>
> Then an advanced button Which deals with archiving and Compressing
>
> Absolutely nothing " Run" or anything else ?

You don't have a shortcut, you have an URL. OK, it is an "internet
shortcut" but not a shortcut in the standard sense.

Your browser window sizing needs to be done in the browser.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

The Rifleman

"William" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> OK. Try this:
> 1. Close absolutely every window everywhere.
> 2. Double-click on the shortcut to open it.
> 3. Resize that window to the desired size.
> 4. Close that window.
> 5. Re-open the shortcut to test it.

tried that exactly as instructed the page reopens small IE about a third of
the size of the screen, tried it via the maximise bar at the top right hand
corner, then tried dragging the pasge to full size neither work.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

The Rifleman wrote:

> "William" wrote:
>> OK. Try this:
>> 1. Close absolutely every window everywhere.
>> 2. Double-click on the shortcut to open it.
>> 3. Resize that window to the desired size.
>> 4. Close that window.
>> 5. Re-open the shortcut to test it.

> tried that exactly as instructed the page reopens small IE about a
> third of the size of the screen, tried it via the maximise bar at the
> top right hand corner, then tried dragging the pasge to full size
> neither work.

Somewhere it was written that if after you drag the IE window to the
size you like, then hold down the Control key and click the X in the
upper right corner of the window, it will remember the size.

I don't use IE, and don't remember where I saw that.

Also, open IE from the Windows menu, instead of using one of these
dubious 'shortcuts' you speak of.

--
-bts

Stickems.

I have been looking for a fix for this bug for years. I have concluded that
there isn't one. Live with it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...