Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to make pages open fully on start up.

How to make pages open fully on start up.

The Rifleman

Oh dear more problems I'm afraid, If I open up a page say the shortcut to
BBC news or Sky news on my desk top, or open up IE 6 or OE6 the page only
ever opens up about a third of the size of the screen( not minimized but not
maximised either), I've tried dragging the page out vertically and
horizontally but as soon as I close it and re open it its back to the same
small size, I've tried f11 that only works once as well, I can appear to
find a box or setting that says Open Page Fully when opening a new doc, web
site or folder.
Damn that sounds complicated, but I cant work out an easy way of describing
it.

When I open a web page or folder I want it to open up fully, I dont want to
have to click maximise every time,, Any ideas please people?

Packard bell running XP home SP2

philo

"The Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh dear more problems I'm afraid, If I open up a page say the shortcut to
> BBC news or Sky news on my desk top, or open up IE 6 or OE6 the page only
> ever opens up about a third of the size of the screen( not minimized but

not
> maximised either), I've tried dragging the page out vertically and
> horizontally but as soon as I close it and re open it its back to the same
> small size, I've tried f11 that only works once as well, I can appear to
> find a box or setting that says Open Page Fully when opening a new doc,

web
> site or folder.
> Damn that sounds complicated, but I cant work out an easy way of

describing
> it.
>
> When I open a web page or folder I want it to open up fully, I dont want

> have to click maximise every time,, Any ideas please people?
>
> Packard bell running XP home SP2

right click on the icon/shortcut

look at properties

then select: Run maximized

The Rifleman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> right click on the icon/shortcut
>
> look at properties
>

> then select: Run maximized

Hi Philo, I'm afraid that does not come up on my PC, click on properties and
it only gives the details of the shortcut itself.

Mike Easter

The Rifleman wrote:
> "philo"

>> then select: Run maximized
>>

> Hi Philo, I'm afraid that does not come up on my PC, click on
> properties and it only gives the details of the shortcut itself.

Then use R click on the program properties from Start/ Programs

--
Mike Easter

meerkat

"The Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Oh dear more problems I'm afraid, If I open up a page say the shortcut to
> BBC news or Sky news on my desk top, or open up IE 6 or OE6 the page only
> ever opens up about a third of the size of the screen( not minimized but
> not maximised either), I've tried dragging the page out vertically and
> horizontally but as soon as I close it and re open it its back to the same
> small size, I've tried f11 that only works once as well, I can appear to
> find a box or setting that says Open Page Fully when opening a new doc,
> web site or folder.
> Damn that sounds complicated, but I cant work out an easy way of
> describing it.
>
> When I open a web page or folder I want it to open up fully, I dont want
> to have to click maximise every time,, Any ideas please people?
>
> Packard bell running XP home SP2

Dbl/click in the windows top blue bar !
And the other answers also apply.

The Rifleman

hi guys none of that appears to work, I can not find anywhere that tells me
to click tick or anything to have these sites and pages open up fully on
start up.???
"meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ET%%i.9052$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "The Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Oh dear more problems I'm afraid, If I open up a page say the shortcut to
>> BBC news or Sky news on my desk top, or open up IE 6 or OE6 the page only
>> ever opens up about a third of the size of the screen( not minimized but
>> not maximised either), I've tried dragging the page out vertically and
>> horizontally but as soon as I close it and re open it its back to the
>> same small size, I've tried f11 that only works once as well, I can
>> appear to find a box or setting that says Open Page Fully when opening a
>> new doc, web site or folder.
>> Damn that sounds complicated, but I cant work out an easy way of
>> describing it.
>>
>> When I open a web page or folder I want it to open up fully, I dont want
>> to have to click maximise every time,, Any ideas please people?
>>
>> Packard bell running XP home SP2

> Dbl/click in the windows top blue bar !
> And the other answers also apply.

The Rifleman

OK guys somehow I have managed( dont know how) to get IE6 & OE 6 to open up
fully maximised thats great ), But ( theres always a but) When I open
up IE 6 and go to say the BBC or Sky news and create a shortcut on my desk
top these now only open up at about a third of the page size, I've right
clicked but there nothing to say run maxed, I've dragged the walls out but
they cose again next time I open the page, I've tried right clicking via the
start menu but theres noth to say run maxed. I'm completely baffled
Running xp home sp2

philo

"The Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK guys somehow I have managed( dont know how) to get IE6 & OE 6 to open

up
> fully maximised thats great ), But ( theres always a but) When I

open
> up IE 6 and go to say the BBC or Sky news and create a shortcut on my desk
> top these now only open up at about a third of the page size, I've right
> clicked but there nothing to say run maxed, I've dragged the walls out but
> they cose again next time I open the page, I've tried right clicking via

the
> start menu but theres noth to say run maxed. I'm completely baffled
> Running xp home sp2

That's funny...as there should be a box that gives you the Run options???

The Rifleman

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "The Rifleman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> OK guys somehow I have managed( dont know how) to get IE6 & OE 6 to open

> up
>> fully maximised thats great ), But ( theres always a but) When I

> open
>> up IE 6 and go to say the BBC or Sky news and create a shortcut on my
>> desk
>> top these now only open up at about a third of the page size, I've right
>> clicked but there nothing to say run maxed, I've dragged the walls out
>> but
>> they cose again next time I open the page, I've tried right clicking via

> the
>> start menu but theres noth to say run maxed. I'm completely baffled
>> Running xp home sp2
>>

> That's funny...as there should be a box that gives you the Run options???
>
>There is in the main OE & IE Icons that lets you alter them, but when you
>go to a web page like the BBC and create a shortcut on your desk, when you
>use the shortcut the page only opens up a third of normal size and right
>clicking on the desk top icon give you an attruubutes and general info box
>but no box that allows you to alter from min normal and max???

philo

> >> top these now only open up at about a third of the page size, I've

right
> >> clicked but there nothing to say run maxed, I've dragged the walls out
> >> but
> >> they cose again next time I open the page, I've tried right clicking

via
> > the
> >> start menu but theres noth to say run maxed. I'm completely baffled
> >> Running xp home sp2
> >>

> > That's funny...as there should be a box that gives you the Run

options???

> >There is in the main OE & IE Icons that lets you alter them, but when

you
> >go to a web page like the BBC and create a shortcut on your desk, when

you
> >use the shortcut the page only opens up a third of normal size and right
> >clicking on the desk top icon give you an attruubutes and general info

box
> >but no box that allows you to alter from min normal and max???

Well it's beyond me.