Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strip search problem.

Strip search problem.

Knut Arvid Keilen

A couple of years ago we had an inauguration of a school rebuilding /
refurbishment project not far from my living place here in Trondheim,
Norway.

This school (for 7 - 16 + year olds) was built on a second world war
military placement facility that had become worn down.

The price tag, NOK 800 million for the school facilitated the representation
of of a Norwegian government representative (a minister).

This event strangely coincided with a police / miltary excercise nearby. We
do have one civilian and one military facility nearby.
Some elements of this Police Force were from the drugs prevention section.

As a result the guests meeting up at the inauguration (including the
government minister) were strip searched by these forces.

My question is then - was this really necessary ?

PS. It does not help voting for "Labor" here !

Mike Easter

Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:

> As a result the guests meeting up at the inauguration (including the
> government minister) were strip searched by these forces.

But what was the process by which their body cavities were
investigated/searched?

If you don't search the cavities, you might as well not have a strip
search.

Who knows what could have been concealed in their rectums, vaginas,
stomachs, colons or other smaller places?

> My question is then - was this really necessary ?

Well, if you wanted to see everyone with their clothes off, it worked
pretty well. If you wanted to find out if they had something concealed,
they should have used a more advanced technique.

Getting naked is no big deal. Having some cavities probed is pretty
annoying.

--
Mike Easter

richard

What a crock of ****. No self respecting government in the free world would
ever do such a thing on a massive scale like this. Hell, the people would
revolt and toss out the top rulers instantly.

Had something like this really happened, you can be damned sure it would
have made headlines world wide and every news outlet here in the USA would
have carried it and made a holy stink.

When I was in our glorious Army I never heard so many damn crap stories in
my life. Like, one guy was dead serious when he said that they're going to
take sperm samples. Another guy said that during certain inspections, they
will make you strip naked in public.

Post the proof butthead.

Blinky the Shark

richard wrote:
> What a crock of ****. No self respecting government in the free world would
> ever do such a thing on a massive scale like this. Hell, the people would
> revolt and toss out the top rulers instantly.
>
> Had something like this really happened, you can be damned sure it would
> have made headlines world wide and every news outlet here in the USA would
> have carried it and made a holy stink.
>
> When I was in our glorious Army I never heard so many damn crap stories in
> my life. Like, one guy was dead serious when he said that they're going to
> take sperm samples. Another guy said that during certain inspections, they
> will make you strip naked in public.

How about the kookery about George W. Bush canceling the 2008 election
so he can continue to be president?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

BoB

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 07:42:41 -0500, richard babbled:

snip

> When I was in our glorious Army I never heard so many damn crap stories
> in my life. Like, one guy was dead serious when he said that they're
> going to take sperm samples. Another guy said that during certain
> inspections, they will make you strip naked in public.

You mean during your brief and undistinguished military career, during
which you attained the exalted rank of E-1 before you were booted out?

snip

--
BoB