Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Icons on taskbar

Icons on taskbar

Queenie

How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Queenie wrote:

> How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

The actual Taskbar, or the Quick Launch area, or the Systray (where the
clock is)? Some specific information would assist in answering your
question.

Depends on what they are for... How about removing the program from
your startup?

--
-bts

richard

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 04:00:12 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> Queenie wrote:
>
>> How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

> The actual Taskbar, or the Quick Launch area, or the Systray (where the
> clock is)? Some specific information would assist in answering your
> question.
>
> Depends on what they are for... How about removing the program from
> your startup?

Removing the program from startup does not remove the other icons, even
from quicklaunch. They are all independent of each other.

richard

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:23:06 -0500, Queenie wrote:

> How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

Does the program have a "settings" or "preferences" option somewhere?
You might find a solution there. Do a web search for your OS and "taskbar"
or "systray".

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> Queenie wrote:
>>> How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

>> The actual Taskbar, or the Quick Launch area, or the Systray (where
>> the clock is)? Some specific information would assist in answering
>> your question.
>>
>> Depends on what they are for... How about removing the program from
>> your startup?

> Removing the program from startup does not remove the other icons,
> even from quicklaunch. They are all independent of each other.

...which is why I asked the question, RtS.

--
-bts

Plato

Queenie wrote:

> How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

Depends on what OS you are using.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Ponder

Hiya Plato.

In <news:47429515$4$38945$(E-Mail Removed)> you wrote:

>> How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

> Depends on what OS you are using.

The X-Newsreader: header is often (but not always) a clue

--
PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952