Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Networking Inconsistent

Networking Inconsistent

=?Utf-8?B?ZG9nc25hY2s=?=

I need to network regularly with another computer--Mac OS 10.3.9-I am able to
network with no problem on first try after I set Mac to sharing but if I
leave the computer running xp until it goews to sleep or if close out of the
Network I am unable to access the Mac again, I get error message "Computer is
not accessible. You might not
have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of
the server to find out if you have access permission. The network path was
not found"
I then have to go to the Mac and uncheck sharing and re start then go back
to XP all over again. I seem to be able to network initially but cannot
maintain it....thank you

Malke

dogsnack wrote:

> I need to network regularly with another computer--Mac OS 10.3.9-I am
> able to
> network with no problem on first try after I set Mac to sharing but
> if I leave the computer running xp until it goews to sleep or if close
> out of the Network I am unable to access the Mac again, I get error
> message "Computer is not accessible. You might not
> have permission to use this network resource. Contact the
> administrator of
> the server to find out if you have access permission. The network
> path was not found"
> I then have to go to the Mac and uncheck sharing and re start then go
> back to XP all over again. I seem to be able to network initially but
> cannot maintain it....thank you

This is often caused by the network adapter being turned off to conserve
energy - or by the computer going to standby and therefore losing its
connection. In Windows, go to Device Manager and find your network
adapter. Double-click it to get its Properties and go to the Power
Management tab. Uncheck the box that says "allow Windows to turn off
this device when not in use". Then go to your Power Management applet
and adjust it accordingly.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers