Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Who is altering Subject lines to begin with Antw:

Who is altering Subject lines to begin with Antw:

Merv

Whomever is altering the subject line, could they please discontineu
the practice.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
Merv <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Whomever is altering the subject line, could they please discontineu
>the practice.

What I gather is that it is the German equivilent to Re:
but because our newsreading software doesn't know that, it does
not automatically hide it.

Horst Wagner

Yes you are true!
Antw. is the german equivalent to re: and it was done automatically by my
groupwise mail-software.
So I will now try everytime to remove it manually
Or better I just leave this newsgroup cause I seem to be not very welcome.
Also my one and only question is answered by noone while Im answering a
bunch of questions

Walter Roberson

In article <dsn1ck$v8n$(E-Mail Removed)-zeitung.de>,
Horst Wagner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Also my one and only question is answered by noone while Im answering a
>bunch of questions

Horst,

The only question that I can find from you in comp.dcom.sys.cisco is

"Antw: t.37 onramp on directly attached to the routers fxs-port"
http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.d...caf5ab2a21de24

In that message you asked,

Hi folks is there really no one in the world having this running?
I'm now asking for it in a bunch of forums and nobody answers!

I searched googlegroups, and that is the only occurance of "t.37" in
connection with your first name, "Horst", and the previous occurance
of "t.37" in connection with "onramp" from anyone was July 2004.

So, for whatever reason, we cannot see those previous times that you
asked, and your question (which was posted only about 36 hours
before the post I am replying to) did not have enough information
in it for us to understand what you are trying to do.

When you say "fxs-port" I am not sure whether you are referring
to a fibre (FX) interface, or to something to do with Fax. I also
cannot tell what platform or what software version you are using.

Christian Lox

Horst Wagner schrieb:
> Yes you are true!
> Antw. is the german equivalent to re: and it was done automatically by my
> groupwise mail-software.

Hm.
Horst, you are very welcome, and I did appreciate your answers to my
questions very much.
*If* I can help you (didn't see your question), I would be glad.
But I think it should not be that difficult to use a newsclient which is
able of the minimum aspects of usability and politeness.
At least it's all about community.

Christian

Pirke

Why should we use Re English is only spoken as native language by less
than 6% or so of the world's population according to this list i found:
Mandarin Chinese (836 million)
Hindi (333 million)
Spanish (332 million)
English (322 million)
Bengali (189 million)
Arabic (186 million)
Russian (170 million)
Portuguese (170 million)
Japanese (125 million)
German (98 million)
French (72 million)

I suggest we use the Chinese equivalent!

Pirke

"Walter Roberson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> Merv <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Whomever is altering the subject line, could they please discontineu
>>the practice.

> What I gather is that it is the German equivilent to Re:
> but because our newsreading software doesn't know that, it does
> not automatically hide it.

Walter Roberson

In article <34d1b$43f03f26$c2abfc64$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
Pirke <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Why should we use Re English is only spoken as native language by less
>than 6% or so of the world's population according to this list i found:

According to an article on Saturday in "The Globe And Mail"
("Canada's National Newspaper"), English is the second language of 40%
of the world's population, so English is (more or less) understandable
to more people than any other language.

>Mandarin Chinese (836 million)

>I suggest we use the Chinese equivalent!

Doesn't Chinese have different ones depending upon the relative
statuses of the people involved?

Doug McIntyre

"Merv" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>Whomever is altering the subject line, could they please discontineu
>the practice.

More importantly, the software is removing the header support lines
that let normal newsgroup software thread the postings. Its like it
makes new discussion topics half way through a response list out of
the blue.

Rod Dorman

In article <POJHf.604213$ki.564636@pd7tw2no>,
Walter Roberson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>When you say "fxs-port" I am not sure whether you are referring
>to a fibre (FX) interface, or to something to do with Fax.

Perhaps he's referring to a POTS Foreign eXchange Subscriber interface.

>I also cannot tell what platform or what software version you are
>using.

Does make it tough to offer any advice

--
-- Rod --
rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

Barry Margolin

"Pirke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Why should we use Re English is only spoken as native language by less
> than 6% or so of the world's population according to this list i found:

So have the software display it in their native language for them.
There's nothing that requires newsreaders to display headers exactly as
they appear on the wire. It's already common to translate the time to
the local timezone, so why can't a German newsreader display a header
that arrives as:

Subject: Re: whatever

as:

Thema: Antw: whatever

But when it sends replies back out, it should use the standard format,
so that it will look right for everyone else (their newsreaders can
translate it to their local language if they want).

--
Barry Margolin, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA