Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox, recieving popups with IE.

Firefox, recieving popups with IE.

Geno

I am using the latest version of firefox, plus extra installed popup
blockers. I continually get those annoying popups coming through using IE.
IE is not running, if I could uninstall it I would but I heard it can cause
problems. Any ideas?

Geno

gwtc

Geno wrote:
> I am using the latest version of firefox, plus extra installed popup
> blockers. I continually get those annoying popups coming through using IE.
> IE is not running, if I could uninstall it I would but I heard it can cause
> problems. Any ideas?
>

> Geno

Check your system for spyware, adware, viruses, trojans, etc.

John Thompson

On 2006-02-11, Geno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am using the latest version of firefox, plus extra installed popup
> blockers. I continually get those annoying popups coming through using IE.
> IE is not running, if I could uninstall it I would but I heard it can cause
> problems. Any ideas?

IE is *ALWAYS* running in Windows. What probably happening is FireFox is
executing a Javascript from some site you're visiting, and that Javascript
explicitly launches an IE window to display the pop-up. Have you tried
disabling Javascript? If that works, there is a "NoScript" extension for
FireFox that allows you to configure script behavior on a site-by-site
basis.

--

John ((E-Mail Removed))

Jedi Fans

On 12/02/06 02:05, John Thompson scribbled:
> On 2006-02-11, Geno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I am using the latest version of firefox, plus extra installed popup
>> blockers. I continually get those annoying popups coming through using IE.
>> IE is not running, if I could uninstall it I would but I heard it can cause
>> problems. Any ideas?

> IE is *ALWAYS* running in Windows. What probably happening is FireFox is
> executing a Javascript from some site you're visiting, and that Javascript
> explicitly launches an IE window to display the pop-up. Have you tried
> disabling Javascript? If that works, there is a "NoScript" extension for
> FireFox that allows you to configure script behavior on a site-by-site
> basis.

Firefox cannot open an external program.

--
Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC2,

mike555

=== check your computer for spyware, also you might shut off messenger
, see ...
http://grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm that might be part of the
spam====