Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Case Modding > My XBox

My XBox

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Ok, here's my XBox, stage 1 of the mod...

No mods to the controllers or anything yet, no LCD screen either but that's a possibility.

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Wait, so you've already done this? Damn, that's good stuff.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Yeah, got this much done today, dunno when I'll do more, depends on funds mostly.

Anyone wanna buy a nice Movado Stainless Steel Sports Watch? I'm letting it go for $395 (US) which is less than half price, it's brand new. I got pics if ya want. I paid $990.00 for it.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

i wanna see more pics of the mod

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

What more is there to see? It's just graphics right now, nothing mechanical or anything like that. You're seeing all there is to see right now.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

...did you check out www.xport1.com for more ideas? They do the Xbox "jewels", which might interest you.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Yeah, I saw, they're way overpriced though, for what they want for a blank jewel I can get one on EBay from one of the dealers for less than half that. Besides, I have yet to see the jewel I want so I'm probably going to etch the pentagram into it myself. I've already got the clear blank and lights, it's just a matter of doing the etch properly. How deep do you need to go for it to catch the light properly? Any idea?

This is the lighting system I'm using.

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Laser-etches are within the glass, but you are talking about digging into the glass from the surface. I would figure you need to go at least 1/4th of the width of the glass to catch enough light. I'm no expert however. Try some test pieces with cold cathodes up against their edges.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

Yeah, I'll have to do that, I have a few pieces here laying around that were sent in to me as samples, they're UV but they might work. Don't wanna mess up the one jewel I've got and have it not look right.

PS2 Pic now! Woot!

bigal bigal is offline
Senior Member
bigal's Avatar
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Looks nice. Hey, is that Unholy, third from the left?