Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > can't access new formatted partition.

can't access new formatted partition.

kejo

hello
i have a 320 GB seagate hard disk
at first i installed xp on a 80 GB partition.
now that i created a logical partition of 100 GB in order to move data
to it, i can't access this partition!

in safe mode i can work on it (access, write, execute) but not in
normal mode i get: ACCESS DENIED!

here is a screen of partition permissions taken in safe mode:
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3...ezioneewc5.jpg

how can i access this partition in normal mode ?

PS: i have xp pro sp2 and i am admin.

wisdomkiller & pain

kejo wrote:

> hello
> i have a 320 GB seagate hard disk
> at first i installed xp on a 80 GB partition.
> now that i created a logical partition of 100 GB in order to move data
> to it, i can't access this partition!
>
> in safe mode i can work on it (access, write, execute) but not in
> normal mode i get: ACCESS DENIED!
>
> here is a screen of partition permissions taken in safe mode:
> http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3...ezioneewc5.jpg
>
> how can i access this partition in normal mode ?
>
> PS: i have xp pro sp2 and i am admin.

Well, a extended partition needs logical drives inside. These you may
access.
Btw., why not upload a screenshot of your disk management view,
or even post the text output of diskpart (list / select) commands?

kejo

wisdomkiller & pain scriveva il 17/11/2007 :
> kejo wrote:
>
>> hello
>> i have a 320 GB seagate hard disk
>> at first i installed xp on a 80 GB partition.
>> now that i created a logical partition of 100 GB in order to move data
>> to it, i can't access this partition!
>>
>> in safe mode i can work on it (access, write, execute) but not in
>> normal mode i get: ACCESS DENIED!
>>
>> here is a screen of partition permissions taken in safe mode:
>> http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3...ezioneewc5.jpg
>>
>> how can i access this partition in normal mode ?
>>
>> PS: i have xp pro sp2 and i am admin.

> Well, a extended partition needs logical drives inside. These you may
> access.
> Btw., why not upload a screenshot of your disk management view,
> or even post the text output of diskpart (list / select) commands?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6...titionsas5.jpg

i created logical too

"there are no files" error on new, formatted memory card - Casio Exilim jwelsh@gmail.com Digital Photography 1 08-01-2006 07:52 PM
formatted data leaf VHDL 8 02-09-2006 03:25 AM
retrieving formatted messages from an ACCESS memo field. Hugh Welford ASP General 3 05-21-2004 03:07 PM
How do I get nicely-formatted times? Leif K-Brooks Firefox 1 11-20-2003 10:22 PM
Help needed formatted submit results - Changing data Robert V Perl 1 07-19-2003 12:49 AM

Advertisments