Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can you share files between computers with a wireless router?

Can you share files between computers with a wireless router?

SS

I have just gone 'wireless' with a Belking Router. I was wondering if it was
possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
router? If so how?

Thanks

sittingduck

SS wrote:

> I have just gone 'wireless' with a Belking Router. I was wondering if it
> was possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using
> the router? If so how?

Same as with any other router.
http://compnetworking.about.com/b/20...le-sharing.htm

--
http://improve-usenet.org

why?

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:24:11 GMT, SS wrote:

>I have just gone 'wireless' with a Belking Router. I was wondering if it was
>possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
>router? If so how?
>
>Thanks

No difference, a router connects (networks) computers together. Your
method ftp, sharing folders needs setup just the same way.

How, the usual list of networking links search 24HSHD
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics

You didn't say what OS, so no point in reposting the links or specific
XP home networking.

If you look for the message ID
<(E-Mail Removed)>
at
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q=&
there is some XP links.

then 1 of the general lists from a Plato post
<4670c994$0$189$(E-Mail Removed)>

there are others, now you know what to look for.

Me

richard

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:24:11 GMT, SS wrote:

> I have just gone 'wireless' with a Belking Router. I was wondering if it was
> possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
> router? If so how?
>
> Thanks

In xp you can right click on the folder and turn on file sharing.
In vista, right click and click "share".

SS

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:24:11 GMT, SS wrote:
>
> > I have just gone 'wireless' with a Belking Router. I was wondering if it

was
> > possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
> > router? If so how?
> >
> > Thanks

> In xp you can right click on the folder and turn on file sharing.
> In vista, right click and click "share".

OK ta. But when these are 'shared' then how do I then 'look' at those
folders from another machine?

By the way I have 3 - 98SE, XP and Vista - just to be awkward!

why?

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:15:15 GMT, SS wrote:

>"richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 09:24:11 GMT, SS wrote:
>>
>> > I have just gone 'wireless' with a Belking Router. I was wondering if it

>was
>> > possible to share files or move files from machine to machine using the
>> > router? If so how?
>> >
>> > Thanks

>> In xp you can right click on the folder and turn on file sharing.
>> In vista, right click and click "share".

>OK ta. But when these are 'shared' then how do I then 'look' at those
>folders from another machine?

You read the guide
http://compnetworking.about.com/b/20...le-sharing.htm
posted by sittingduck

>By the way I have 3 - 98SE, XP and Vista - just to be awkward!

This is the sort of thing you mention in your 1st post.

That's not awkward, it's all Win and will easily work. File sharing
works across Win 2000 / XP / Solaris / Linux and FreeBSD on the same
router..

Me