Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to execute a program over a LAN

How to execute a program over a LAN

pcbutts1

You can use the AT command to run programs on other computers or use it to
download files to other computers. Everything is in that link I posted.

"TwistedDreams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns99EB65DC53C89twisteddreamscom@66.250.146.1 28...
> "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:fhmtck$h2i$1
> @blackhelicopter.databasix.com:
>
>> Try using the AT command http://www.ss64.com/nt/at.html
>>

> Hmmm not sure that's exactly what i'm looking for, but thanks for the
> input

wisdomkiller & pain

TwistedDreams wrote:

> Isn't there a way to just create a shortcut to the exe file on Computer
> "A"?

Well, surely. The Link must just contain \\computera\share\progname.exe
or you can map a network drive.
However, most "conventional" programs rely on setups that do not exist on
the client computer (=where there is only the link to the exe, or even the
exe copied over). These may be configs (ini files, registry entries ...) or
dlls in the %systemdir% of the "server" where the application has put them
upon install.

nobody >

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Try using the AT command http://www.ss64.com/nt/at.html

Nice try buttshead, but wrong.

I see why you toppost. it puts your sig over the top of the post being
replied to, thereby hiding it from any newsreader that trims sigs.

Trying to hide your stupidity from Google?

_ _

The list grows. Leythos the stalker http://www.leythosthestalker.com,
David H. Lipman, Max M Wachtell III aka What's in a Name?, Fitz,
Beauregard T. Shagnasty,Rhonda Lea Kirk, Meat Plow, F Kwatu F, George
Orwell "TwistedDreams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns99EB19F291C8twisteddreamscom@66.250.146.12 8...
> > Hello
> >
> > I could use some help. I've done this before but i can't remember how i
> > set it up.
> > I would like to install a program on one computer, but be able to

execute
> > the exe from several computers on a LAN.
> > i.e. Install Opera (web browser) on one computer(let's call it "A",
> > basically a server) and be able to start up Opera on other

computers (lets
> > call them B, C and D), using the exe file from the computer it was
> > installed on (computer "A")
> >
> > TIA

TwistedDreams

"pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:fhn3v4$no$(E-Mail Removed):

> You can use the AT command to run programs on other computers or use
> it to download files to other computers. Everything is in that link I
> posted.

thanks, i'll check that link out a little more

TwistedDreams

wisdomkiller & pain <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

> TwistedDreams wrote:

>> Isn't there a way to just create a shortcut to the exe file on
>> Computer "A"?

> Well, surely. The Link must just contain
> \\computera\share\progname.exe or you can map a network drive.
> However, most "conventional" programs rely on setups that do not exist
> on the client computer (=where there is only the link to the exe, or
> even the exe copied over). These may be configs (ini files, registry
> entries ...) or dlls in the %systemdir% of the "server" where the
> application has put them upon install.

Thanks, that sounds very familiar.. mapping out the drive. i think you've
shaken the cobwebs out of my brain