Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > IE cannot open the Internet site ... Operation aborted

IE cannot open the Internet site ... Operation aborted

Mika

"Good Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Mika" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news4l%i.48642$(E-Mail Removed) .uk:
>
>> Hello, we understand you guys may be able to help.
>>
>> We have a page which has been working great for over a year and gets
>> many hits. However recently something got changed that we cannot seem
>> to find, and now *sometimes* if you refresh the page (generally while
>> it is still loading) in IE7, we get the popup window error:
>>
>> Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site...
>> Operation aborted
>>
>> Here is an example of the page in question:
>> http://tinyurl.com/35mwxr [broadband recommended]
>>
>> We appreciate you may have other comments on the site such as the size
>> of the pages, however we are not looking to change that at present,
>> with faster broadband becoming more abundant. Search engine listings
>> alert the user that broadband is recommended for this technology.
>>
>> As we said, the site worked great, but for this unknown reason now
>> needs some sort of a tweak to fix. The changes we made before it
>> happened were related to the body tag but they have been completely
>> undone yet the issue remains :-S
>>
>> Thanks in advance to anyone able to find the cure for us to test.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mika @ SHS.com

> Thanks for causing my Firefox to crash.

You're welcome.

If you are capable of giving any more constructive comment than that which
gives us a shred of a clue of the circumstances, that might actually be
considered useful.