Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > XML validation against XSD

XML validation against XSD

rupanjana_ms@yahoo.com

I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I'm a beginner with XML. I
have developed XSDs for XMLs that my company is producing. We now want
to have a system where the XMLs that are generated by our software are
validated against the XSDs and are flagged as valid or invalid. While
developing the XSDs, I used xmlBlueprint to manually validate them one
by one but we now need some kind of automated solution that will pick
up the XMLs from a specific location or locations and validate them
against the XSDs. Can anyone suggest how this can be done?

Thanks and regards,
Rupanjana

Martin Honnen

> I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I'm a beginner with XML. I
> have developed XSDs for XMLs that my company is producing. We now want
> to have a system where the XMLs that are generated by our software are
> validated against the XSDs and are flagged as valid or invalid. While
> developing the XSDs, I used xmlBlueprint to manually validate them one
> by one but we now need some kind of automated solution that will pick
> up the XMLs from a specific location or locations and validate them
> against the XSDs. Can anyone suggest how this can be done?

Do you want to write a program that performs the validation? That is
possible, for instance for Java you can use Xerces from
<URL:http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/>. Or on Windows you can use
MSXML 6 or the .NET framework with an XmlReader.
So pick your platform and your parser and then, if you need help writing
a program, it is best to ask in a forum or newsgroup dedicated to your
parser and/or platform.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Joseph Kesselman

Note that most XML parsers come with a simple demo program which shows
how to parse and validate a document; those can usually be adapted
trivially into a "just report the validation result" tool, if that's
what you need.

However, it's more common to do the validation as part of the process of
actually parsing the document as input to the application that's going
to process it.

Hermann Peifer

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I'm sorry if this is a basic question but I'm a beginner with XML. I
> have developed XSDs for XMLs that my company is producing. We now want
> to have a system where the XMLs that are generated by our software are
> validated against the XSDs and are flagged as valid or invalid. While
> developing the XSDs, I used xmlBlueprint to manually validate them one
> by one but we now need some kind of automated solution that will pick
> up the XMLs from a specific location or locations and validate them
> against the XSDs. Can anyone suggest how this can be done?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Rupanjana

I'd do this with: xmllint --schema ...

http://xmlsoft.org/xmllint.html

Hermann

Validation of XML file against external XSD Schema using Xerces CDT christian.eickhoff@nt.uni-saarland.de XML 8 05-16-2011 11:03 AM
XML validation against xsd onkar XML 1 01-16-2007 05:15 AM
Validation of XSD (XML Schema) against XSD Rushi XML 1 12-09-2005 08:12 AM
XML + XSD: Is it possible to get all errors against the XSD? Markus Java 1 11-22-2005 02:53 PM
Validating XML file against an XSD schema in an ASP.NET page simon ames ASP .Net 1 04-11-2004 09:01 AM

Advertisments