Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Regedit

Regedit

carlo

Hello all

I'm trying to write a .reg file to change the settings on our PC's.
I almost finished, but now I need to set the settings for the symantec
liveUpdate configuration. Does anyone have any experience with that?
I tried to regmon the whole thing, but I don't find anything. It
doesnt
seem, that anything is written in the regestry.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Carlo

PS: we use:
winXP sp2
Symantec 10.1.5.500

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

carlo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello all
>
>I'm trying to write a .reg file to change the settings on our PC's.
>I almost finished, but now I need to set the settings for the symantec
>liveUpdate configuration. Does anyone have any experience with that?
>I tried to regmon the whole thing, but I don't find anything. It
>doesnt
>seem, that anything is written in the regestry.

>Symantec 10.1.5.500

You need to add more registry entries for this!?

Regmon is what you would use, might give Process Monitor a try, it's
regmon and filemon together.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...ssmonitor.mspx
--

Three young black men break into a white man's home in rural Northern California. The homeowner shoots two of them to death but it's the
surviving black man who is charged with murder.

carlo

Hi,

sorry, i just reread my post and I think I didn't pay to much
attention while writing it.

At the moment, the setting of symantec LiveUpdate is on "use no proxy
server" i would like to change that to: "use internet explorer
settings".
I figured if i can find out where Symantec stores this value in the
registry i could change it with a .reg file.
But I couldn't find out which Regkey symantec adjusts when i change
this setting.

Hope it's clear now, what key that I am looking for and how i would
like to use this value.

I will give Process Monitor a try.

Thanks for responding

Carlo

On Nov 16, 2:38 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> carlo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Hello all

> >I'm trying to write a .reg file to change the settings on our PC's.
> >I almost finished, but now I need to set the settings for the symantec
> >liveUpdate configuration. Does anyone have any experience with that?
> >I tried to regmon the whole thing, but I don't find anything. It
> >doesnt
> >seem, that anything is written in the regestry.
> >Symantec 10.1.5.500

> You need to add more registry entries for this!?
>
> Regmon is what you would use, might give Process Monitor a try, it's
> regmon and filemon together.http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...ssmonitor.mspx
> --
>
> Three young black men break into a white man's home in rural Northern California. The homeowner shoots two of them to death -- but it's the
> surviving black man who is charged with murder.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071116/...reak_in_murder

Regedit ??? Please help quick!! =?Utf-8?B?TW91c2U=?= Wireless Networking 1 03-13-2006 12:47 AM
unable find assebly folder in regedit for global assembly cache abidali mohammad via .NET 247 ASP .Net 1 04-14-2005 06:05 AM
Executing RegEdit from Java app paul brown Java 2 01-27-2004 08:11 AM
Re: regedit Miggsee Computer Support 0 08-07-2003 02:22 PM
Re: regedit Brian H Computer Support 0 08-07-2003 02:16 PM

Advertisments