Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Include AJAX in existing web

Include AJAX in existing web

Igor

I just instaled AJAX framework. I can use it if I chose AJAX enabled
aplication when I am creating new project.
But I have some web aplication with no AJAX and I need to include it. It is
not project, it is asp.net website. There is no .sln file or other visual
studio project files. I started this web by chosing "New web site", not "New
project". How can I include AJAX into this web?

Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?TWFuaXNoIEJhZm5h?=

Hi,
If you'd like to upgrade an existing Website and add ASP.NET AJAX
functionality into it you'll need to ensure that you manually update your
site's web.config file with the proper entries. The easiest way to do this is
to create a new ASP.NET AJAX-Enabled Website (as mentioned earlier) and then
copy the AJAX-specific portions of web.config to your original web.config
file. You'll of course need to ensure that the ASP.NET AJAX Extensions are
also installed on your production server before deploying the updated site.
Find more info in below links
http://hknetug.com/blogs/dotnet_hack...plication.aspx

http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/as...ax-extensions/
--
Hope this helps.
Thanks and Regards.

"Igor" wrote:

> I just instaled AJAX framework. I can use it if I chose AJAX enabled
> aplication when I am creating new project.
> But I have some web aplication with no AJAX and I need to include it. It is
> not project, it is asp.net website. There is no .sln file or other visual
> studio project files. I started this web by chosing "New web site", not "New
> project". How can I include AJAX into this web?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?QnJhdWxpbyBEaWV6?=

Blog entry that explains you how to do that:

http://blogs.msdn.com/darrylburling/...-websites.aspx

Web cast that explains you how to do it:

http://www.asp.net/learn/ajax-videos/video-81.aspx

HTH
Braulio

/// Braulio Diez