Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Just got a new laptop

Just got a new laptop

=?Utf-8?B?QWRhbQ==?=

I know just enough about networking to know I suck at it. I have a belkin
router and hooked it to my desktop. I recently got a inspirion laptop with a
built in wireless card. The problem is that the computer does not see the
network in the house, but it can find the one across the street. Can anyone
help me? Thanks

Carey Holzman

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey

"Adam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know just enough about networking to know I suck at it. I have a belkin
> router and hooked it to my desktop. I recently got a inspirion laptop with
> built in wireless card. The problem is that the computer does not see the
> network in the house, but it can find the one across the street. Can
> anyone
> help me? Thanks

Malke

Adam wrote:

> I know just enough about networking to know I suck at it. I have a
> belkin router and hooked it to my desktop. I recently got a inspirion
> laptop with a built in wireless card. The problem is that the computer
> does not see the network in the house, but it can find the one across
> the street. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2

Wireless - Basic Configuration:

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

=?Utf-8?B?RGllc2Vs?=

Adam - I have the same problem, what did you do to get it working?

"Adam" wrote:

> I know just enough about networking to know I suck at it. I have a belkin
> router and hooked it to my desktop. I recently got a inspirion laptop with a
> built in wireless card. The problem is that the computer does not see the
> network in the house, but it can find the one across the street. Can anyone
> help me? Thanks

Howard Huntley

Check your channel,