Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Send page by email?

Send page by email?

Captain Infinity

Internet Explorer has "File -> Send -> Page by Email". Can Firefox do
anything like this? Is there an Add-On that will allow this capability?

**
Captain Infinity

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Captain Infinity wrote:
> Internet Explorer has "File -> Send -> Page by Email". Can Firefox do
> anything like this? Is there an Add-On that will allow this capability?
>

> **
> Captain Infinity

I don't have an answer, but a comment. If you sent me
websites/webpages by email, you sure wouldn't be my friend
any longer. Its better to send a link to the site than an
actual page. This is just my opinion, though.

disregarded!!!!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Captain Infinity

Once Upon A Summertime, Just A Dream From Yesterday
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

>> Internet Explorer has "File -> Send -> Page by Email". Can Firefox do
>> anything like this? Is there an Add-On that will allow this capability?
>>

>> **
>> Captain Infinity

>I don't have an answer, but a comment. If you sent me
>websites/webpages by email, you sure wouldn't be my friend
>any longer. Its better to send a link to the site than an
>actual page. This is just my opinion, though.

The "web pages" we will be emailing are actually just text reports
formatted in HTML. There are no graphics or anything flashy. The
actual file resides on a private server that is inaccessible via the
web. Being able to just right-click and send via email saves steps that
the sender would otherwise have to take: open the email program, locate
the file, attach it and send. Productivity and ease of use is my goal.

**
Captain Infinity

Charani

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 02:28:30 GMT, Captain Infinity wrote:

> The "web pages" we will be emailing are actually just text reports
> formatted in HTML.

Just as well you won't be mailing me any of those web pages. I
wouldn't see them. I don't accept anything in HTML or RTF. I'd take
a very dim view of anyone who did and probably killfile them if they
persisted.

Charani wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 02:28:30 GMT, Captain Infinity wrote:
>
>> The "web pages" we will be emailing are actually just text reports
>> formatted in HTML.

>Just as well you won't be mailing me any of those web pages. I
>wouldn't see them. I don't accept anything in HTML or RTF. I'd take
>a very dim view of anyone who did and probably killfile them if they
>persisted.

The reason you wouldn't see them has nothing to do with whether you
accept HTML or RTF. You wouldn't see them because you don't work for my
company.

**
Captain Infinity

Justin

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote on [Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:27:57 -0800]:
> Captain Infinity wrote:
>> Internet Explorer has "File -> Send -> Page by Email". Can Firefox do
>> anything like this? Is there an Add-On that will allow this capability?
>>

>> **
>> Captain Infinity

> I don't have an answer, but a comment. If you sent me
> websites/webpages by email, you sure wouldn't be my friend
> any longer. Its better to send a link to the site than an
> actual page. This is just my opinion, though.

Links don't work if the person doesn't have access to the page in
question.

Justin

Charani wrote on [Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:04:22 +0000]:
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 02:28:30 GMT, Captain Infinity wrote:
>
>> The "web pages" we will be emailing are actually just text reports
>> formatted in HTML.

> Just as well you won't be mailing me any of those web pages. I
> wouldn't see them. I don't accept anything in HTML or RTF. I'd take
> a very dim view of anyone who did and probably killfile them if they
> persisted.

Bully for you, do you feel all important now?

Charani

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:11:35 -0600, Justin wrote:

> Bully for you, do you feel all important now?

Do you, twit?

Oops, you've just tripped over the step on the way out.

Charani

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:35:10 GMT, Captain Infinity wrote:

> The reason you wouldn't see them has nothing to do with whether you
> accept HTML or RTF. You wouldn't see them because you don't work for my
> company.

Thak goodness for that!!

How come Peter said the same thing but you were civil to him but
abusive to me? Is that the way you treat all women? I guess it must
be and for that reason, I'm even more thankful I don't work for your
company, twit!

Oops, and you've tripped over the step on the way out. i wonder if
Justin cushioned your fall or whether you cushioned his.

Charani wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:35:10 GMT, Captain Infinity wrote:
>
>> The reason you wouldn't see them has nothing to do with whether you
>> accept HTML or RTF. You wouldn't see them because you don't work for my
>> company.

>Thak goodness for that!!
>
>How come Peter said the same thing but you were civil to him but
>abusive to me? Is that the way you treat all women? I guess it must
>be and for that reason, I'm even more thankful I don't work for your
>company, twit!

If you read my simple statement of fact as "abusive" then you must be
****ing insane.

>Oops, and you've tripped over the step on the way out. i wonder if
>Justin cushioned your fall or whether you cushioned his.

Ah, I see. You're on the rag. Got it.

**
Captain Infinity
...How's that for abusive, ****?