Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ANN: PyInkblot - Creating Rorschach Inkblots using Genetic Algorithms

ANN: PyInkblot - Creating Rorschach Inkblots using Genetic Algorithms

placid

Hi All,

I've been working on a 'toy' application for the past month or so
called PyInkblot.

Simply mirroring a random plotting of half of a grid onto the second
half, you can create pictures that look 'organic' like Rorschach
Inkblot's.

PyInkblot uses pygene for the Genetic Algorithm backend and pygame to
draw the 'organisms' onto the screen. The user selects 0 or more (up
to 6) of the organisms to go into a new population, more organism's
will be added until there is 6 in the new population. Then a new
generation is created using this population.

To be able to try out PyInkblot you need the following packages

* pygame1.8.0
* pygene0.2.1
* python2.4

and PyInkblot can be downloaded from

http://code.google.com/p/pyinkblot/

Please provide feedback/criticism/tips !

Cheers

SamFeltus

I suspect you could make it visually far more interesting if you
replaced the colored pixels with colorful images, and mapped the
images on a grid using Flash.

placid

On Nov 16, 1:47 am, SamFeltus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I suspect you could make it visually far more interesting if you
> replaced the colored pixels with colorful images, and mapped the

I'm already planning of using images instead of coloured blocks. But
first
i want to try using a gradient from the left half of the grid to the
middle, then
from the middle to the right.

> images on a grid using Flash.

I don't know about Flash.