Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Gridview: waiting after click

Gridview: waiting after click

gianfranco dalfiume

Hi all, i'm new to this newsgroup.
This is my problem: i have a form with a GridView. The first column of the
grid is a ButtoFields (image type) column, with some code to manage the
request for the click (it computes a long, time consuming query). I need to
put something to tell the user that "something is going on" after he click
the ButtonField. A solution could be changing the browser cursor to
hourglass, OR change the clicked image to another, like "working..." OR
display a popup that closes when the query is finished.

The problem is that i'm a noob in asp programming

What is the simplest thing i can do?

Thanks in advance.

David Wier

Look into the AJAX UpdateProgress control - that should do it for you

--

David Wier
http://aspnet101.com

"gianfranco dalfiume" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, i'm new to this newsgroup.
> This is my problem: i have a form with a GridView. The first column of the
> grid is a ButtoFields (image type) column, with some code to manage the
> request for the click (it computes a long, time consuming query). I need
> to put something to tell the user that "something is going on" after he
> click the ButtonField. A solution could be changing the browser cursor to
> hourglass, OR change the clicked image to another, like "working..." OR
> display a popup that closes when the query is finished.
>
> The problem is that i'm a noob in asp programming
>
> What is the simplest thing i can do?
>
> Thanks in advance.

keithrull

On Nov 15, 5:31 am, "gianfranco dalfiume" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all, i'm new to this newsgroup.
> This is my problem: i have a form with a GridView. The first column of the
> grid is a ButtoFields (image type) column, with some code to manage the
> request for the click (it computes a long, time consuming query). I need to
> put something to tell the user that "something is going on" after he click
> the ButtonField. A solution could be changing the browser cursor to
> hourglass, OR change the clicked image to another, like "working..." OR
> display a popup that closes when the query is finished.
>
> The problem is that i'm a noob in asp programming
>
> What is the simplest thing i can do?
>
> Thanks in advance.

You can use an ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel with an UpdateProgress control

--
Keith Rull
http://www.keithrull.com/

gianfranco dalfiume