Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to access the authenticated third party url through weblink?

How to access the authenticated third party url through weblink?

Vikas

Hi All,

I have a password protected website. I want to put the link of my
website in third party website and want the users to access my website
without providing the username and password.

Is there a way to hardcode the username and password in html file?

Thanks in advance

Bone Ur

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:09:24 GMT
Vikas scribed:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a password protected website. I want to put the link of my
> website in third party website and want the users to access my website
> without providing the username and password.
>
> Is there a way to hardcode the username and password in html file?
>
> Thanks in advance

Sure. Use php or some server-side scripting method and hide the name and
p/w there. The 3rd-party site should use a form to access the script.

--
Bone Ur
Cavemen have formidable pheromones.

André Gillibert

Vikas wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a password protected website. I want to put the link of my
> website in third party website and want the users to access my website
> without providing the username and password.
>
> Is there a way to hardcode the username and password in html file?

http://login(E-Mail Removed)/

Beware: The password and login are now public. It isn't a protection
anymore.

--
If you've a question that doesn't belong to Usenet, contact me at
<(E-Mail Removed)>

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit André Gillibert:

> http://login(E-Mail Removed)/
>
> Beware: The password and login are now public. It isn't a protection
> anymore.

And this construct, which violates http URL syntax, stopped working in IE 7,
quite intentionally.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

André Gillibert

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> Scripsit André Gillibert:
>
>> http://login(E-Mail Removed)/
>>
>> Beware: The password and login are now public. It isn't a protection
>> anymore.

> And this construct, which violates http URL syntax, stopped working in
> IE 7, quite intentionally.

Right. It's valid for ftp, though.