Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > SF360 MOVIE NIGHT

SF360 MOVIE NIGHT

SF Film Society

SF360 MOVIE NIGHT
One city, one movie, one night:
Her Name is Sabine

SF360 Movie Night is the Film Society's a citywide film screening held
in partnership with Film Movement, a monthly DVD subscription club
that provides early access to award-winning independent and foreign
film. Our vision is that all of San Francisco will watch one movie on
the same night. We invite all our friends and neighbors to gather for
house party screenings, and hosts are provided with discussion
questions and invited to participate in a discussion following the
screening at a local establishment.

This November 29, SF360 Movie Night returns with the film Her Name Is
Sabine, directed by Sandrine Bonnaire. An intelligent, moving and
beautiful documentary, the film follows Sabine, a 38-year-old autistic
woman. Through personal footage filmed over a period of 25 years (the
director is Sabine's sister), it is revealed that Sabine's growth and
many talents were crushed by improper diagnosis and an inadequate care
structure. After a tragic five-year stay in a psychiatric hospital,
Sabine finally finds a new lease on life in a home together with other
young people living with similar mental and emotional illnesses.

The San Francisco Film Society and Film Movement encourage the Bay
Area Film community to watch and join us for a discussion and
celebration at Tosca's at 9:30 pm following your screenings. Visit
Film Movement to find out how to receive the film for your screening
party. Remember that all Film Society members receive a discount on
Film Movement DVDs.