Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > Which cert to start with?

Which cert to start with?

nerry nerry is offline
Junior Member

Hey guys,
I'm a recent college graduate, with a degree in Business Administration. My major was Computer Information Systems. I've been searching the job market here for a while.. about five months, and nothing has really shown up. I've not got a lot of experience under my belt so far, two years of database experience dealing with a Point of Sales system, and about 2 years of professional web design experience.

I've been looking into getting some certifications to help with the hiring process. I know i want to eventually fill the role of Database Administrator, so that is primarily the certifications i'm interested in. I've been looking into Exam 70-431 (SQL 2005 Server), but is that too big of a jump to make?

Any input on how to get started is appreciated.

Thanks